Anyone vape? Just started. Was so easy to quit smoking!

They are not expensive. Like $2 for 10ml.

EDIT: The price will definitely go up now that the FDA has stepped in. It's a good thing though. We need regulation to make sure there's nothing bad mixed in with the PG or VG.

No, it's not a good thing. The FDA wants to make the cost of releasing new devices and e-liquid such a lengthy and expensive process, that the only people that could afford to release anything are the cigarette companies. Do you really want to be stuck with crappy ciga-lites? If the FDA proposal gets passed as is, then vaping as we know it will cease to exist in 2 years time.

Just remember at one point in time cigarettes were linked to a healthy lifestyle and you were encouraged to smoke.  We have come a long way.  Seems a shame that people are taking leaps of faith knowing very little of any long term side effects with vaping. 

This is wrong. We do know the long term effects of vaping. Polypropylene glycol is anti-bacterial and has near a century of medical use from medical inhalers to pumping it through hospital air systems. Vegetable glycol is also safe and is used in thousands of products. There's been several studies on nicotine itself and it's about as harmful as caffeine is.

Just remember at one point in time cigarettes were linked to a healthy lifestyle and you were encouraged to smoke.  We have come a long way.  Seems a shame that people are taking leaps of faith knowing very little of any long term side effects with vaping. 

Whoopie freaking doo. I'm sure everything will kill you. We are all going to die.

I guess we should just ban everything and live off of government issued protein pills. The purpose of life is to merely exist for as long as possible after all, anything minutely harmful must be banned and ostracized immediately.

No, it's not a good thing. The FDA wants to make the cost of releasing new devices and e-liquid such a lengthy and expensive process, that the only people that could afford to release anything are the cigarette companies. Do you really want to be stuck with crappy ciga-lites? If the FDA proposal gets passed as is, then vaping as we know it will cease to exist in 2 years time.

Correct. The FDA just wants to regulate these things out of existence, because it looks like smoking. Seriously the last argument I heard from some busybody health official was that vaping was bad because it was undoing decades of work done to demonize and shame smokers.

Granted, Vaping can be a useful aid when attempting to quit smoking cigarettes but these products are habit forming themselves.

These devices still contain chemicals and toxins that in large quantities are unhealthy and in my opinion, former smokers are likely to be using Electronic Cigarettes on a very regular basis if they are to replace both the nicotine and habit of traditional cigarette smoking.

Designed to help you kick the habit?

No. Millions has been invested into the Electronic Cigarette. Investors want to see a return on their investments and much more.

A product designed purely to help you quit smoking will only be profitable if users continue to purchase refills and replacement parts for their devices. 

Gradually the number of smokers will decline as more bans and regulations are imposed. Cigarette smokers and the general public have educated themselves the harmful side effects smoking can have.

In conclusion then, while the Electronic Cigarette companies will benefit from a larger influx of former smokers, eventually they will see a decrease in new users. It is in their interest to encourage vapers to maintain the habit!

:rolleyes:

Like Nik L said above it would be nice to have a discussion on vaping without clueless people crapping all over the topic with their sanctimonious BS. If you don't like it, don't do it.

• Like 3

Granted, Vaping can be a useful aid when attempting to quit smoking cigarettes but these products are habit forming themselves.

Yes, you still have to be committed to actually quit.

From what I recall, the advantage was that you could control the duration of the "smoke" break without having to waste part of a cigarette.

:rolleyes:

Like Nik L said above it would be nice to have a discussion on vaping without clueless people crapping all over the topic with their sanctimonious BS. If you don't like it, don't do it.

Oh i'm sorry am i preventing you from having a one-sided discussion on a widely debated topic? I vaped for several months after i quit smoking and enjoyed it. A close friend works in a Vape shop. I'm hardly biased.

This is wrong. We do know the long term effects of vaping. Polypropylene glycol is anti-bacterial and has near a century of medical use from medical inhalers to pumping it through hospital air systems. Vegetable glycol is also safe and is used in thousands of products. There's been several studies on nicotine itself and it's about as harmful as caffeine is.

There is far more than just nicotine and glycol in vaping I am sure

Whoopie freaking doo. I'm sure everything will kill you. We are all going to die.

I guess we should just ban everything and live off of government issued protein pills. The purpose of life is to merely exist for as long as possible after all, anything minutely harmful must be banned and ostracized immediately.

Correct. The FDA just wants to regulate these things out of existence, because it looks like smoking. Seriously the last argument I heard from some busybody health official was that vaping was bad because it was undoing decades of work done to demonize and shame smokers.

I got no problems with people killing themselves with what ever substance they choose as their medium, its when they harm others around them when doing it I have a problem with.  

• Like 2

Wow. I thought "vaping" was just another term for hitting a bong or smoking a joint :D

I've thought about getting e-cigs to help me quit smoking. But I just got a med from my shrink to help me quit so I'll go that route first. If it doesn't work, I might try "vaping" in a couple of months or so.

I'm on my 53rd day without cigarettes.  Cold Turkey.  It's going good.  I've found myself at times really gripping my xbox controller at times.

• Like 2

Oh i'm sorry am i preventing you from having a one-sided discussion on a widely debated topic? I vaped for several months after i quit smoking and enjoyed it. A close friend works in a Vape shop. I'm hardly biased.

No, people are posting old news and fud.  THAT is preventing any enjoyable debate - having to deal with the outright agenda-driven nonsense that is pushed towards the media.

I happily vape and not smoked for 6 months....i see it as nicotine replacement therapy ;) Its all about harm reduction afterall... 

More like the cigarette companies are losing money and are scared, so they are lining the pockets of the FDA to get this passed. Vaping has proven time and time again to be one of the only cessation device that actually works and keeps people off of cigarettes.

There is far more than just nicotine and glycol in vaping I am sure

I got no problems with people killing themselves with what ever substance they choose as their medium, its when they harm others around them when doing it I have a problem with.  

No. There isn't. It's glycol and nicotine. Granted when you get into non-menthol flavors (menthol has been proven to be safe), you are also vaping food-grade flavorings. However, the very basic juice is just glycol and nicotine.

I'm on my 53rd day without cigarettes.  Cold Turkey.  It's going good.  I've found myself at times really gripping my xbox controller at times.

I did that a looong time ago, quit for ~3 years in my 20's, wasn't easy.  Fell into the "oh just one won't hurt me" trap, sure as hell did.  Just don't have that willpower anymore, ugh.  Kudos if you make it all the way.

• Like 1

Nicotine not harmful. Wow. You do know some studies show nicotine to be even more addictive than most drugs right?

I tried vape for 2 months and just aint cutting it for me. Im on the strongest cigs out there a pack a day, seems I wont be stopping any time soon, dont want to to be honest, not right now at least.

• Like 1

I've stopped 7 months ago using e-cig !

This is my latest setup:

Provari Mini

Kanger Aerotank

Home made e-liquid (60PG - 40VG - 6mg Nic - Blueberry)

0jI5784.jpg

Nicotine not harmful. Wow. You do know some studies show nicotine to be even more addictive than most drugs right?

Addictive != Harmful

The major health problem with nicotine is its delivery methods, not the nictotine itself. Cigarettes and chewing tobacco have many harmful ingredients that people injest in order to satisfy their craving for the separate ingredient nicotine.

Addictive != Harmful

The major health problem with nicotine is its delivery methods, not the nictotine itself. Cigarettes and chewing tobacco have many harmful ingredients that people injest in order to satisfy their craving for the separate ingredient nicotine.

Did I say nicotine itself is harmful? No...but the way you get it into your system sure is - mixed with everything else in a regular cig.

Nicotine is about as addictive and harmful as caffeine. This is a fact.

Fact by who? You?

Ill help you out with your fact knowing.

Like cocaine, heroin, and marijuana, nicotine increases levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which affects the brain pathways that control reward and pleasure. For many tobacco users, long-term brain changes induced by continued nicotine exposure result in addiction?a condition of compulsive drug seeking and use, even in the face of negative consequences. Studies suggest that additional compounds in tobacco smoke, such as acetaldehyde, may enhance nicotine?s effects on the brain.5  

I have been thinking of picking up a vape to help me kick the last few smokes I have a day. I am now down to just one or two a day in the evening. I like to go outside and have a smoke before bed but a vape is obviously the better choice. Will have to look into them this weekend. It is more just a ritual for me now, I have a smoke then go to bed. I am so stuck in that routine that I find it really weird not having a smoke before bed! :/

And now you're just killing yourself with who knows what is in them and I don't see how changing from 1 habit to another of this type is really that beneficial, other than the smell?

My 2 older brothers and 1 sister are all hooked on these things and all 3 of them have their vaporizers in their mouth so much they can't talk without having to pull it out first, then right back in the face it goes! Probably getting 100 times the nicotine they used to when smoking cigs! My oldest brother, who was the first one to get one of these, sucks on his so often, you can see the nicotine stain on his lip!

None of them have gotten a starter kit for any where near $20! Where did you find a good one at for that price?

BTW,

All 3 of them cheat and smoke when ever not around their better halves!! :)

It's beneficial because there are thousands, THOUSANDS less chemicals going into your system, many of which are known carcinogens (cancer causing). It's also a hell of a lot cheaper.

Far less nicotine is absorbed via vaping, compared to smoking, that is why people tend to vape more frequently throughout the day but for shorter periods each time, rather than smoking a whole cigarette in one go each time.

They are not putting 100 times the nicotine into their bodies. They would be sick as dogs, instantly.

The stain on your brothers lip is probably from the the food flavouring. Tell him to clean his drip-tip lol.

You're basically just improving your nicotine delivery system, therefore increasing your tolerance and strengthening the addiction.

Wait, zero nicotine? You just like the taste?

Personally, I have lowered my nicotine, in turn lowering my tolerance. I know it's lowered because when I have had a cigarette it makes me feel dizzy, like I'm a first time smoker again. They also taste totally discussing to me now, burnt, acrid, nasty.

The device you use can help with lowering the nic level, if you are getting a stronger throat hit, you can lower it. I use 10mg nic and 10% flavour now, where on other devices I use 18mg nic and 15-20% flavour.

Ive been thinking of trying them out. Ive never smoked so Id get the nicotine free variety. Any issues with exhaling water vapor around PCs and other electronics?

They are an alternative to smoking for long term smokers. Personally, I wouldn't recommend anybody start doing it for no good reason.

Been vaping for over 2 years, and I can safely say that none of my equipment has blown up lol. Also, there is no more thick, gunky brown dust inside my PC's fans.

Well done (Y)

Though I will say, as a gamer, vaping is great. No more burnt finger, smoke in the eye or wasted cigarettes :woot:

I tried vape for 2 months and just aint cutting it for me. Im on the strongest cigs out there a pack a day, seems I wont be stopping any time soon, dont want to to be honest, not right now at least.

Nicotine in it's raw form (which is what vepers use) is said to be as harmful as caffeine. Pure 1000mg nicotine is extremely poisonous, I mean a drop on your skin will kill you.

Is inhaling the steam from a hot cup of coffee harmful? Only if you get to close and burn your nose :rofl:

• Like 2