13 posts in this topic

Fox confirmed at today?s Upfronts that the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover episode, ?The Simpsons Guy,? will air in September. The Griffins end up in Springfield and pair off with their Simpsons counterparts. Stewie becomes obsessed with Bart. Lisa befriends Meg. Marge and Lois bond. Peter and Homer fight over which beer is better: Pawtucket or Duff.

Peter (Seth MacFarlane) and the Griffins get out of dodge and end up in Springfield, where they are greeted by a friendly stranger named Homer Simpson (guest voice Dan Castellaneta), who welcomes his new ?albino? friends with open arms. The families get along famously: Stewie (MacFarlane) becomes obsessed with Bart (guest voice Nancy Cartwright) and his old-fashioned pranks; Lisa (guest voice Yeardley Smith) takes Meg (Mila Kunis) under her wing and is determined to find something ? anything ? at which she excels; Marge (guest voice Julie Kavner) and Lois (Alex Borstein) ditch housework for a little bonding; and Peter and Homer fight over the best beer in town ? Pawtucket vs Duff.

dLpm0.jpg

Eb5eF.jpg

Source

1 person likes this

Have they shared the script writing, or has one show had more input than the other?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to ask the question seeing as I haven't watched The Simpsons or Family Guy for a long time. :laugh:

1 person likes this

53c51d258cb75.jpg

2 people like this

53c51d258cb75.jpg

1Rlg8Kre.jpg

1 person likes this

I'm so looking forward to this!

1 person likes this

Reading the comments at the original site is quite depressing.

Sure, neither show is as great as it was when it started, but IMO there's little reason to end them.  I mean, if other shows currently airing are anything to go by, then I'm not looking forward to replacements.

1 person likes this

Reading the comments at the original site is quite depressing.

Sure, neither show is as great as it was when it started, but IMO there's little reason to end them.  I mean, if other shows currently airing are anything to go by, then I'm not looking forward to replacements.

Agreed.    Actually, I think Simpsons really picked up their game in the last 2 seasons, with quite a few very decent episodes.    Family guy is more miss then hit, but, again, maybe they can go back to the level of the first few seasons if they try.

I only watched a couple of family guys in last two years, but i watched every Simpsons episode in the last season, and it was pretty good.   

I will definately watch this.    It looks like it will be a Family Guy episode, not Simpsons... (Simpsons voices are all called GUEST voices)

Simpsons are doing their own crossover! Simpsorama :)   It will air this fall too.   Should be good, as I quite liked the Futurama (after being totally disappointing by it when it first came own.. but coming to my senses later)

Simpsons are doing their own crossover! Simpsorama :)   It will air this fall too.   Should be good, as I quite liked the Futurama (after being totally disappointing by it when it first came own.. but coming to my senses later)

Not that is something i'll watch.

I still can't believe Futurama got cancelled.

1 person likes this

I still can't believe Futurama got cancelled.

Which time? lol

(Neither can I, that show is gold.)

1 person likes this

I loved it!

1 person likes this

it was better then expected.  a lot of love for the simpsons...

the church scene comparing simpsons vs family guy was amazing

I had seen a couple of minutes on YouTube the other month, however cant wait to watch this tonight!