29 posts in this topic

"A new independent poll which includes east Ukraine shows quite a different picture than what the armed men in camouflage holding Russian made weapons want you to believe regardless of the voting. Kiev has accused the separatists of really being Russian intelligence agents disguised as peaceful Ukrainian protesters taking over buildings and TV stations and destabilizing the country. A new poll shows even in Eastern Ukraine that the majority do not want independence or be part of Russia. While joining the EU is not something the majority of eastern Ukrainians want the rest of the country is in favor of becoming European at 56% in favor. What does this say about other former Soviet Union countries like Belarus, Poland, Romania, and Georgia when voters decide something that is not in favor of Moscow? Putin seems to be winning the propaganda war which shows a different picture even in western media of an illegitimate government taking over by radical racists again't a country that wants to be part of Russia."

Did anyone even doubt that?

1 person likes this

Did anyone even doubt that?

The media calls them pro russian protesters who hate Ukraine all waving Russian flags. Yes, most think eastern Ukrainians want to be Russian if you believe what you see on TV and hear from all the voting stations. But this is a stark contrast. 

Sure, but if you know anything about history with Russia you can figure out whats really going on there.

Even my wife figured it out whos russian to begin with.

Putin can talk all he wants that there are no russian troops in eastern ukraine. So what we are supposed to believe that the pro-russian guys just have AKs, granades and other military hardware laying around their homes? Even if there are no (a big IF) Russian troops there currently its clearly obvious that Russia is aiding terrorists.

I admit, I am a little biased in this topic but right now I said how I see it.

Really?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Ukraine-vote-90-for-independence/25927826

Sounds like whatever poll you've been reading online is wrong.. since you know.. the people who actually voted, favored secession. And Russia's the bad guy? Please, these people want this.. just like Crimea wanted it. The people were even cheering in the streets as they switched to Russian time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26806583

So please. Let's cut the crap about what you think these people want, and let's go with the facts that have been shown.

3 people like this

Really?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Ukraine-vote-90-for-independence/25927826

Sounds like whatever poll you've been reading online is wrong.. since you know.. the people who actually voted, favored secession. And Russia's the bad guy? Please, these people want this.. just like Crimea wanted it. The people were even cheering in the streets as they switched to Russian time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26806583

So please. Let's cut the crap about what you think these people want, and let's go with the facts that have been shown.

Wrong only 15% voted for succession 

http://politics.slashdot.org/story/14/05/06/1518234/actual-results-of-crimean-secession-vote-leaked

Russia counted the votes 

Putin can talk all he wants that there are no russian troops in eastern ukraine. So what we are supposed to believe that the pro-russian guys just have AKs, granades and other military hardware laying around their homes?.

I don't think many of us care what you believe. But there are lots, and I mean lots of weapons from the soviet era left over within Ukraine. Regardless of whether there are Russian troops there, they certainly would not need to give weapons to anyone. Old school AK isn't even a standard issue within Russian army.

See, the fact that you say that AK isn't an Standart issue weapon in Russian army anymore shows how much you actually know.

Sure, but if you know anything about history with Russia you can figure out whats really going on there.

Even my wife figured it out whos russian to begin with.

Putin can talk all he wants that there are no russian troops in eastern ukraine. So what we are supposed to believe that the pro-russian guys just have AKs, granades and other military hardware laying around their homes? Even if there are no (a big IF) Russian troops there currently its clearly obvious that Russia is aiding terrorists.

I admit, I am a little biased in this topic but right now I said how I see it.

It's been obvious from the start (at least to me), that these "pro Russian troops" are just Speznatz in disguise. SOP for those guys.

1 person likes this

It is over for Ukraine as it was, once this process started there is no going back. My country went through this ~25 years ago and we can only hope that this too will not end in a similar civil war. Ukraine will lose all territories with Russian majority and there is simply nothing to be done, the possible war can only drag this situation for years and the outcome will be the same.

It is over for Ukraine as it was, once this process started there is no going back. My country went through this ~25 years ago and we can only hope that this too will not end in a similar civil war. Ukraine will lose all territories with Russian majority and there is simply nothing to be done, the possible war can only drag this situation for years and the outcome will be the same.

Pretty much.  Unless the western nations decide to oppose Russia militarily (I'd rather they didn't!), they will regain most of the Ukraine as Vlad continues his plans to gather the old USSR satellite states back into the Russian Federation.

radical racists

What the crap?

Pretty much.  Unless the western nations decide to oppose Russia militarily (I'd rather they didn't!), they will regain most of the Ukraine as Vlad continues his plans to gather the old USSR satellite states back into the Russian Federation.

that may work with Ukraine as they were already on the brink of collapse but with other former satellite countries that wont be that easy, especially if you take into account that most of the former ones are now in Nato and the nearest ones to Russia just got US and Nato troops/military hardware (I think somewhere around 150 US troops just came here permanently and about 10 jets here + 12 in Lithuenia) on local grounds. But the idea that Putin wants to do that has been up for years and years now. Last year (I think) an high ranking politician in Kreml said out that it's not far that the Baltics will belong to Russia again...yeah, keep dreaming buddy.

But like said, Ukraine, how I see it, has two options now, either fight it off and drag this along for a while and hope to actually beat the system thats going on in eastern ukraine or give up and setup some kind of system to prevent this from escalating to nearby cities. But until the presidential elections in the end of May the current gov. can't do much about it.

See, the fact that you say that AK isn't an Standart issue weapon in Russian army anymore shows how much you actually know.

He said the old school AK. Russian forces use the AK-74M now I think.

And did I ever mention AK-47 anywhere? Even though the difference between those two are barely noticable after the ammo they use and the lenght/weight of the gun itself (and the metal reciever). Other than that it's just 30 years apart. (I'm sure there are some more minor adjustments, I guess some gun freak can clarify on that, not too sure after those)

That would be even worse. It would just another Afghanistan.

And did I ever mention AK-47 anywhere? Even though the difference between those two are barely noticable after the ammo they use and the lenght/weight of the gun itself (and the metal reciever). Other than that it's just 30 years apart. (I'm sure there are some more minor adjustments, I guess some gun freak can clarify on that, not too sure after those)

The fact that you don't know the difference between AK 47 and AK74 shows you don't know what you're talking about.

Doesn't matter. Russia still exports AK-47's for its "wars of independence", and Spetznaz will use them to cover their identity when embedded.

The fact that you don't know the difference between AK 47 and AK74 shows you don't know what you're talking about.

I admit, I dont know much about the 74M since that came into use 2 years after I went trough my manditory army service and we just used 47s.

But coming back to the Ukraine thing, please do us a favor and take off your blindfolds and see whats actually going on there. Nor will I have any debate with you any further. The fact that you said that most of "you" dont care what I believe shows how ignorant you are.

1 person likes this

Doesn't matter. Russia still exports AK-47's for its "wars of independence", and Spetznaz will use them to cover their identity when embedded.

Funny you say that, bc the biggest importer of AK47- until a ban last month, was the US.

I admit, I dont know much about the 74M since that came into use 2 years after I went trough my manditory army service and we just used 47s.

But coming back to the Ukraine thing, please do us a favor and take off your blindfolds and see whats actually going on there. Nor will I have any debate with you any further.

Please, the whole blindfold argument is getting old. I don't follow western biased media. Nor do I post bogus articles to spread anti - Russian propaganda.

Funny you say that, bc the biggest importer of AK47- until a ban last month, was the US.

Please, the whole blindfold argument is getting old. I don't follow western biased media. Nor do I post bogus articles to spread anti - Russian propaganda.

Oh right, another of those "western media is biased" guys.

I would like to know why there are so many Russians and Russian speakers living in the Ukraine.

Ukraine like Georgia should be a sovereign state, and Russia should go deal with their own affairs.

Oh right, another of those "western media is biased" guys.

Of course. It's a fact that could never be proven wrong. We are, after all, talking about "Western Media", the same one that actually favored Stalin for many years and to this day refuses, in some aspects, to show the true nature of his evil. Funny how things work.

1 person likes this

I would like to know why there are so many Russians and Russian speakers living in the Ukraine.

Ukraine like Georgia should be a sovereign state, and Russia should go deal with their own affairs.

Its the same in almost every ex CCCP state. Same here, over 35% of our population are Russian. But here they dont complain that much, not yet at least :D