As the NFL season looms ahead! VPN question.

So like every other NFL fan, I can not get enough football. NFL.com has a package for international subscribers to purchase a streaming live broadcast of all games (if your outside the country). So I figure...use a VPN to sign up and stream from there....I have a 500GB vpn account but my question is do I have to stay connected throughout the stream or once it checks my location and starts streaming would I be able to disconnect? not sure how much bandwidth a season of NFL games will take up but id love some feedback as I am about to pull the trigger on buying the package. (not cheap 129 euro!)

Why do you need vpn, if your outside the country?

Are you saying this package is not available for US users?

I am Sunday Ticket with directv - so have not looked into any streaming plans from nfl.com as of yet. But you would have to stay connected to the vpn to stream yes, unless they just check your IP when signup and don't actually check when streaming games.

Heading over to nfl.com now to check this out.

BudMan, on 13 May 2014 - 14:31, said:

I am Sunday Ticket with directv - so have not looked into any streaming plans from nfl.com as of yet. But you would have to stay connected to the vpn to stream yes, unless they just check your IP when signup and don't actually check when streaming games.

It wont show up unless you connect through a foreign ip. i'll take a screen cap and post it.

Are you outside the US? I'm fairly certain you would need to stay connected for the stream to work.

BudMan, on 13 May 2014 - 14:31, said:

pfsq.png

you don't need a bandwidth allocated VPN, this is all you need

www.unblock-us.com or www.unotelly.com

its as simple as changing your DNS,and it will automatically only route stuff like NFL,NHL,Netflix,etc.. through their region servers,and everything else passes through normally. you don't have to worry about bandwidth at all. I have been using either of those services for the past few years with barely any problems. they even allow you to set your own preferred region,so if youre watching Netflix, you can choose different regions and receive all the different content in those regions.

vcfan, on 13 May 2014 - 14:37, said:

its as simple as changing your DNS,and it will automatically only route stuff like NFL,NHL,Netflix,etc.. through their region servers,and everything else passes through normally. you don't have to worry about bandwidth at all. I have been using either of those services for the past few years with barely any problems. they even allow you to set your own preferred region,so if youre watching Netflix, you can choose different regions and receive all the different content in those regions.

You rock! Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Dot Matrix, on 13 May 2014 - 14:41, said:

That's not what I'm seeing. O_o

attachicon.gifScreenshot (3728).png

Your trying to connect from a US based IP yes? I connected to my VPN in the UK before going to the gamepass website.

which service do you find better? about to buy it!

Your trying to connect from a US based IP yes? I connected to my VPN in the UK before going to the gamepass website.

which service do you find better? about to buy it!

Out of the two, I would choose unotelly, because they have dns servers located in different regions,so you can choose the closest to you,whereas unblock-us only have one set of servers for everyone to use. At least with unotelly,if the servers were to have a problem,you can always switch to a different one(never happened to me before though).

Q1aMN5R.png

Sucks to be Canadian. Lol

129.99 EURO = 194 CAD.... There's something awfully fishy about this.

If you use Chrome, there is an extension called Zenmate that also changes your location

different regions have different pricing.  this is what im getting when I choose my region as brazil

OcDNz6U.png

different regions have different pricing.  this is what im getting when I choose my region as brazil

OcDNz6U.png

Yeeeees. The CRTC says pricing for Canada for any imported media has to be be astronomical, so as to persuade people to host and produce mainly Canadian content, I assume Brazil is equally as hateful of out-of-country content. It's all a giant ###### show.

rr_dRock, on 13 May 2014 - 14:51, said:rr_dRock, on 13 May 2014 - 14:51, said:rr_dRock, on 13 May 2014 - 14:51, said:

Q1aMN5R.png

First off some of the nicest people I know are my neighbors from the north and secondly in a recent study, the middle class in Canada just started making more on average of what's left of the middle class in the states. It does NOT suck to be Canadian.

First off some of the nicest people I know are my neighbors from the north and secondly in a recent study, the middle class in Canada just started making more on average then what's left of the middle class in the states. It does NOT suck to be Canadian.

Lol, tell that to the polar bear that's rummaging through my trash.

Geeze, literal Jimmy.

Do you really need to watch them real time? Just watch your out of area games via the replay plan which is much cheaper! $70 - or just $40 for the season - who needs or watches preseason ;)

I have been sunday ticket for so long, I forget how not everyone gets every game ;)

Curious when you go to pay using a US CC if they catch it ;)

To be honest this type of discussion falls to circumvention to me, and wouldn't be surprised if closed. They clearly have restrictions in place for who can use this - using a vpn to bypass check on IP is circumvention and really against the rules.

But in general terms to stream HD video at 2mbps per their requirements for HD.. Your talking roughly 2.7GB for a 3 hour game. So depending how many games you watch do the math on your 500GB plan.

rr_dRock, on 13 May 2014 - 15:10, said:

Lol, tell that to the polar bear that's rummaging through my trash.

I have a person rummaging through my trash in New York City....  ahem!

I have a person rummaging through my trash in New York City....  ahem!

It's probably just a very large rat.