asus note8, dell venue 8 pro or wait?

Why is the price of the asus vivotab note 8 significantly higher than the dell venue 8 pro when they are the same specs, at least in canada?

Which of these should I get now? Or wait for the surface mini??

Don't know but wait a little bit for the 8.1 models should come out soon.

I'd wait until at least after Tuesday, Microsoft will show off their new line of tablets and those will likely be of interest to you.

Between those to. Asus Note 8. Runs 8.1 just fine and has Wacom digitize stylus win incase silo. Runs Pro. 64GB for $350. Won't hurt to wait for the Surfaces but the mini will be RT, and never say never, but it's highly doubtful MS can produce a surface, even RT, with a Wacom Digitizer w/64GB for anywhere near $350. If they do, it'll be a matter of do you want full windows, or is RT enough.

Other posts have already answered your question, at this point wouldn't hurt to wait but unlikely to affect price or anything new unless you are interested in a mini.  Will be interesting to see the price of the mini, can't be too far off a $350 price point for it to be viable from a consumer pov. 

Now there's no mini. i have the Asus but it looks really bad and the pen is not smooth when inking. I'm actually using a surface pro 1 pen, much better. However, I'll be returning and wait for something around the corner.