Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview Updated

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Nice, I expected them to do an update or two before this started going out in June to people.  Hope this helps battery life and any other issues.

Posted

Apparently Huawei Ascend W* owners are now able to update to 8.1 to begin with.

I'm getting my hands on it as I write this oh godddddd

Posted

:woot:

Updated. Definitely faster (so far).

Posted

Update is installed, i do not notice anything different so far.

Posted

Updating...I wish they did a change log. :/

1 person likes this

Posted

Microsoft encouraging everyone to post changelogs while they forget to post their own. ######.

Posted

Microsoft encouraging everyone to post changelogs while they forget to post their own. ########.

they do that with most of their updates not just with this one. It is rather sad that they wouldn't let us know what changed though. I have been looking around and have not seen a single difference so far.

Posted

Probably under the hood optimizations, nothing more. I wish the heck they would disable the double tap spacebar = "." I get tired of that one.

Posted

I wish the heck they would disable the double tap spacebar = "." I get tired of that one.

That's an option.  Go into Settings>Keyboard and tap on your keyboard's language.  You can then untick the option to "Insert a full stop after I double-tap the Spacebar".

Posted

they do that with most of their updates not just with this one. It is rather sad that they wouldn't let us know what changed though. I have been looking around and have not seen a single difference so far.

Bug fixes and code optimization. Joe B. also mentioned battery life improvements. Don't need much of a changelog for these.

Posted

Ill have to wait and see about battery improvements. But, I will say my wifi is now showing the correct reception and general wifi speeds are better. 

Posted

Probably under the hood optimizations, nothing more. I wish the heck they would disable the double tap spacebar = "." I get tired of that one.

This needs to have an option. There are three punctuation marks that you really need: . , ?

. is there by default.

you can put , in there from options.

but ? is a pain to use.

Since first two are available in the keyboard directly, I wish I could configure double tab space to ?

Posted

This needs to have an option. There are three punctuation marks that you really need: . , ?

. is there by default.

you can put , in there from options.

but ? is a pain to use.

Since first two are available in the keyboard directly, I wish I could configure double tab space to ?

Its less of an issue for me since I started using Wordflow, but I accidentally put periods in sentences constantly before.  I agree though, more options for this function are needed.

Posted

Its less of an issue for me since I started using Wordflow, but I accidentally put periods in sentences constantly before.  I agree though, more options for this function are needed.

Wordflow has another major issue: you cant write a sentence in a go. I don't see why you cant swipe to space between words and write full sentence in one go...

Posted

Wordflow has another major issue: you cant write a sentence in a go. I don't see why you cant swipe to space between words and write full sentence in one go...

Really? They already broke the world record. Don't you think they did usability testing? I can't imagine swiping constantly without lifting my finger. Even on glass my fingertip would start to get warm and sore.

How fast do you shape-write anyway?

-Forjo

2 people like this

Posted

Hard to say with only a day later but I think my 8X is back to the battery levels it was with 8.0 after this update.  I'll have to keep track though.  I also wouldn't be surprised if we see one more update right before or once they finally sign off on it and it starts going out to everyone, I don't think this will be the final build everyone sees rolling out in June.

Posted

Really? They already broke the world record. Don't you think they did usability testing? I can't imagine swiping constantly without lifting my finger. Even on glass my fingertip would start to get warm and sore.

-Forjo

It is not about speed. it is about convenience.

Posted

-Forjo

Also http://www.neowin.net/news/microsofts-fastest-typing-record-on-windows-phone-beaten-on-android

So don't post senseless comments.

Posted

no reason to get snippy, please keep the conversation cival.

May be notice who started it?

Posted

Going to take a wild guess that there is still zero support for Microsoft VPN's correct ?

Posted

Going to take a wild guess that there is still zero support for Microsoft VPN's correct ?

What do you mean by this?

Posted

What do you mean by this?

SSTP primarily or DirectAccess. Vendors are allready deploying applications to support their remote access but Microsoft seems to be desperate to drive customers away from Windows Server 2012 remote access by refusing to support SSTP or DirectAccess (Who else is meant to) on WP.