• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#151 OP +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

devoted fan of the us-armed forces

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:21

this looks - esp. considering your profile - more like a cheap trolling attempt. you know, im always saying, first proof, show action then we judge. you might not like the kde interface, but the facts remain that it has the most features making windows and mac osx look like cheap and unfinished. i just say dolphin and the export plugins in ksnapshot every windows user would killing for.

so if you know what the kde UI lacks then do - at least - a mockup, or even better, --> bugs.kde.org  and fill it in as a wishlist.

#152 mr1nv1s1ble

mr1nv1s1ble

Neowinian

Posted 13 July 2014 - 17:14

this looks - esp. considering your profile - more like a cheap trolling attempt. you know, im always saying, first proof, show action then we judge. you might not like the kde interface, but the facts remain that it has the most features making windows and mac osx look like cheap and unfinished. i just say dolphin and the export plugins in ksnapshot every windows user would killing for.

so if you know what the kde UI lacks then do - at least - a mockup, or even better, --> bugs.kde.org  and fill it in as a wishlist.

Ok, I made this mockup really quick just to show how I see it in my head, it's far from prefect but you can get the point I guess..

URA9t98.png

#153 spy beef

spy beef

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 July 2014 - 17:23

This looks so ugly, going to stick with XFCE.

#154 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 July 2014 - 17:26

Ok, I made this mockup really quick just to show how I see it in my head, it's far from prefect but you can get the point I guess..

URA9t98.png

That is a huge step backwards from what they already have.

#155 mr1nv1s1ble

mr1nv1s1ble

Neowinian

Posted 13 July 2014 - 17:30

That is a huge step backwards from what they already have.

I made that in five minutes, to show how I see it, and that was more of an uniformity (Icons, shadow, transparency) exemple than a new fantastic UI...

#156 OP +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

Posted 13 July 2014 - 17:31

the design is not that bad, but thats just nothing kde would ever apply because if you want to have it simple, take xfce or lxde. i think i even have seen that iconset you use in your mockup somewhere already.

so if you want you can customize kde the way that it looks similar to your tastes but if kde releases it that way, no one would ever download it sorry.

#157 mr1nv1s1ble

mr1nv1s1ble

Neowinian

Posted 13 July 2014 - 17:37

the design is not that bad, but thats just nothing kde would ever apply because if you want to have it simple, take xfce or lxde. i think i even have seen that iconset you use in your mockup somewhere already.

so if you want you can customize kde the way that it looks similar to your tastes but if kde releases it that way, no one would ever download it sorry.

Yeah, I guess minimalism is not for everyone, like I said, this is how I sees it.. and that was made in 5 minutes to show my vision of uniformity in design, not to blow peoples mind, lol...

I took an icon set really quickly called Token by brsev because it fitted my idea of a minimalist interface...

Anyway, that was just to show you what I have in mind.. hehe

#158 OP +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

Posted 13 July 2014 - 17:41

sure but kde never was intended to be minimalistic at all. so i dont think its right to critisize them from that point of view.

its like saying ferrari sucks because they dont produce a car only consuming 4l of fuel on 100km.

or saying i dont like dessert because there aint any snow.

you know you cant have it both ways,  and exactly therefore are made lots of alternatives. thanks to a big community with linux everyone can find a desktop/distribution suiting his needs and style.

#159 mr1nv1s1ble

mr1nv1s1ble

Neowinian

Posted 13 July 2014 - 17:45

you know you cant have it both ways,  and exactly therefore are made lots of alternatives. thanks to a big community with linux everyone can find a desktop/distribution suiting his needs and style.

This guys seems to have a different opinion about both ways, lol (I don't know why I thought about this song when I saw your comment... hahah) :p

http://www.youtube.c...FHfQ&feature=kp