Arrow (Season 3)

I'd be more fine with it if there's a Bruce Wayne cameo.  :)

Doubt there ever will be, most we might get is a mention of him

UguXd83.png

J.R. Ramirez To Play Wildcat On ?Arrow? Season 3

J.R. Ramirez has been cast as Ted ?Wildcat? Grant on the upcoming third season of the CW?s Arrow. The show?s executive producer Marc Guggenheim announced at Comic-Con this past weekend that the character would be introduced on the show in Season 3 but did not reveal casting information. The role is envisioned as a potentially recurring. In the DC Comics, Ted Grant is a member J.R. Ramirez Wildcat Arrow CWof the Justice Society for America, as well as the mentor and trainer of other masked vigilantes including the Black Canary.

In Arrow, Grant will be a former boxer who now runs a gym for underprivileged youth. A man with a mysterious past, he will play a pivotal role in Laurel Lance?s arc this season. Wildcat is one of two major DC comic book characters to be added to Arrow this coming seaso, along with villain Ra?s al Ghul. This marks Ramirez?s return to the CW where he recurred on Emily Owens, MD. The actor, repped by Mavrick Artists and manager Marie Matthews, has been recurring on Starz?s drama Power.

Doubt there ever will be, most we might get is a mention of him

which we did in i believe season 1 they mention a rich friend from gotham or something along those lines.

Wildcat showing up is no surprise because there's a Black Canary tie in there, iirc, at least in the comics. 

36904300.png

David Cubitt To Play 'Mark Shaw', a.k.a. 'Manhunter', In Season Three Of ARROW

The Hollywood Reporter have revealed that yet another familiar character from the comic books will be coming to the third season of Arrow. Medium star David Cubitt will play Mark Shaw in the third episode of The CW series, and he is better known to fans as Manhunter. According to the site, the character will make his debut in the present day as, "an A.R.G.U.S. operative in Corto Maltese who crosses paths with Diggle."

The Magician?

Early on in the comics Malcolm Merlyn was known as Merlyn the Magician.

It's rumoured to be Zatanna :)

nBhd7JC.png

So basically like Ra's is in the comic-books, haha. I'm glad they didn't change him.

Yeah they couldn't change him really

I'm glad about that. Odd that they compared him to Bane as he was in TDKR, because Ra's was in the trilogy as well.

I'm glad about that. Odd that they compared him to Bane as he was in TDKR, because Ra's was in the trilogy as well.

Yeah I thought that as well, who would you have play him though?

Yeah I thought that as well, who would you have play him though?

That's a touch one because I thought Liam Neeson did a great job portraying him. Jason Isaacs and Oded Fehr are both actors who have voiced him in the animated-verse. I think both of them could do a good job at portraying him in a TV show.

Warner Bros. Reportedly Have "Plans" For BATMAN Character HARLEY QUINN

In a lengthy interview with Comic Book Resources, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg was quizzed on last season's appearance of the Suicide Squad and whether fans should expect Harley Quinn to make a full blown appearance after being teased in that episode. "I don't know about that," he admitted to the site, adding: "There are very few things we've asked DC Comics for that we haven't gotten. That was something you asked for, and what you saw is a compromise that Geoff Johns and I came up with. To even get that much was a thrill for us. I know that they may have other plans for her, but it was certainly an Easter egg that thrilled us. But the Suicide Squad will definitely be back. Whether we see the 'deranged female killer' we saw before, we'll have to wait and see." What's particularly interesting about these comments is the fact that he mentions "they" (presumably Warner Bros.) have other plans for the character, hence why he's so unsure about whether or not they'll be able to bring her back.

• Like 2

Episode Focusing On Felicity's Background No Longer Titled "Oracle"

It was always unlikely, but the fact that an upcoming episode of Arrow would be called "Oracle" did make it seem as if we could see a young Barbara Gordon make some sort of cameo appearance (especially as it will reportedly deal with Felicity's time at MIT). Well, forget that Birds of Prey spin-off for the time being as Entertainment Weekly have revealed that it has now been retitiled, "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak." The episode will still see the introduction of Felicity's mother - played by NYPD Blue's Charlotte Ross - and some hints about the fan favourite characters father too. "We?ve established in the past that mom is a cocktail waitress in Vegas," executive producer Marc Guggenheim told the site. "She and Felicity are two very different people. Episode 5, which is when Felicity?s mom comes to town, really deals with the differences between these two women and how much of their relationship is a struggle as a result. It?s a real challenge for these two people to find some common ground." As for Felicity?s father, he added: "The mystery of who Felicity?s dad is probably gets extended more than it gets answered."

Source: Comic Book Movies

komodo-header-2.jpg

Arrow Casts Another Archer in the Form of Villain Komodo

Entertainment Weekly has learned that another archer will be joining the cast of The CW's "Arrow," but this one isn't friendly. Actor Matt Ward (TRON: Legacy, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem) has joined the cast in the role of the deadly mercenary Komodo. Unlike some previous villains on "Arrow," Komodo's episode won't exactly be one-and-done as it will have ties to the larger narrative of the show's season.

"He's the villain-of-the-week for the second week of the show, but you'll see that Team Arrow's pursuit of him is part and parcel of a season-long storyline," executive producer Marc Guggenheim tells the outlet. "You're going to know what happens to Komodo at the end of the episode, but it will be a little bit tied in better with the season-long mythology than villain-of-the-week episodes have done in the past."

What's funny is that I wanted to write a post yesterday about how I wanted them to take less characters from Batman's world, and more from Green Arrow's world. I wanted to list Komodo as an example in that post. Next thing you know it's evening, and they announce that Matt Ward is cast to play Komodo in the upcoming season, lol :p

The post I made instead was the one about them not using the name "Oracle" for Felicity's origin episode. I'm glad more fans showed how they thought of them using the name Oracle. I hope they'll be more restraint now about taking things from Batman's world, and incorporating it into Arrow's world.