OS X Update 10.9.3

What's new in OS X 10.9.3:

The OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.

This update:

• Improves 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013)
  • Adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection
  • Improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPsec
  • Includes Safari 7.0.3

For detailed information about this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6228
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Download: via Mac App Store

What? Safari 7.0.3 was already included in a past update. It's the build number the same?

What? Safari 7.0.3 was already included in a past update. It's the build number the same?

It's the same, just packaged incase you didn't install Safari 7.0.3 before the update.

It's the same, just packaged incase you didn't install Safari 7.0.3 before the update.

I see. I thought the OS X notifications where enough to ensure every security update is installed. OS X notifications are an interesting amalgam of contradictions: Not quite in your face but never ignorable.

I see. I thought the OS X notifications where enough to ensure every security update is installed. OS X notifications are an interesting amalgam of contradictions: Not quite in your face but never ignorable.

No, no it's not that. Most updates that don't require restarts would be automatically installed. Security updates (not including safari) are most likely a part of the OS' core. Which is why you don't really see anti-viruses in the front end of OS X.

That took quite a while to install.

Same here -- I thought the process was over once the computer rebooted the first time - but apparently one has to view yet another update progress. Sorcery it is.