34um95 lg monitor wide 21:9

59 replies to this topic

#46 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• 3,968 posts
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:01

Before, it was easy to see it but now, it's really hard to see the glow unless you really look for it.  So I think the IPS glow isn't as bad when I first turned on my monitor.   :)

BTW, what stand are you using?  Is that an Ergotron?  I'm planning of replacing the stand too. 

Would also like to know this.

#47 OP mrk

mrk

www.robbiekhan.co.uk

• 4,384 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:43

Stand is the Ergotron MX!

#48 dafox

dafox

Neowinian

• 48 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:14

What headphone stand is that? Looks good.

#49 OP mrk

mrk

www.robbiekhan.co.uk

• 4,384 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 15:24

Rather than repost a wall of text here I thought you guys might like to hear about my experience with LG's warranty support regarding my 34UM95 which developed backlight bleed 2 weeks after purchase.

I've posted about it on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.co...g_34_ultrawide/

#50 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• 7,787 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 20:54

Anandtech has recently reviewed this monitor: http://www.anandtech...-monitor-review

#51 OP mrk

mrk

www.robbiekhan.co.uk

• 4,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:51

Hey yeah it's an Ergotron MX :)

#52 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 31,134 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:08

Rather than repost a wall of text here I thought you guys might like to hear about my experience with LG's warranty support regarding my 34UM95 which developed backlight bleed 2 weeks after purchase.

I've posted about it on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.co...g_34_ultrawide/

Replied but will reply here too:

Wow this sucks. My problem is a little different (and not solved yet) I bought a 40" Samsung Smart TV that is supposedly an older model (UE40EH5300W) and at a decent price of just €359 but it has backlight flickering and color bleeding after being on for more than an hour. Although I bought it just 11 days ago and received it a couple of days later I can't really return it because I bought their last one and they don't plan on restocking. Plus I don't want a refund, I want this TV, not another (because it's also a Smart TV, for that money! :D).

So now I am busy with Samsung who have confirmed the issue with Remote Assistance, and will send out a guy to either repair or replace. Not a warranty issue here, although they did remind me of my consumer rights to the retailer, they are still going ahead with the warranty process.

Hope it gets sorted for you man.

As an example of the problem, yesterday I watched Colombia v Uruguay and I could only stomach the first half before it became unwatchable (due to the TV, not the performance of the game) :p

Luckily I have a 32" LED in my bedroom (which is also Samsung) so I just watched the second half on that lol.

#53 OP mrk

mrk

www.robbiekhan.co.uk

• 4,384 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:01

Ah that was you! I have replied too :)

#54 tbone74

tbone74

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 17:39

Can anybody who has one of these say if you've tried to connect from DisplayPort (normal or mini) on the PC to one of the Thunderbolt ports? I'm looking at getting one of these when they eventually become available again, but need to run 2 computers, and want to avoid the 50Hz limitation of HDMI.

All of the research I've done on this has been inconclusive as to whether it should work. There are many discussions about trying to connect an Apple Thunderbolt display to both Macs and PCs, with many examples saying it wast tested and found not to work. However, there is also information saying that you can't daisy chain an Apple Cinema (Displayport) display directly to their Thunderbolt display, whereas the reported workaround is to put another Thunderbolt device (eg. storage device) in between. So I don't think relying on results of connecting Apple products is a good test of Thunderbolt <-> Displayport connectivity.

I did find one discussion where somebody states they have successfully connected an Apple Thunderbolt display to a Displayport KVM.
https://discussions....123456#25791827

That would seem to indicate that it's possible to connect a Thunderbolt display (eg. the Thunderbolt ports on these LG displays) to a Displayport output (eg. a PC). But it's the only example I can find so I don't have confidence in it.

Hence my opening question. I'd like to confirm if somebody who has actually tried it with this monitor, and if so, what were the results?

#55 Necrostar

Necrostar

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 17:05

Hello, thanks for this nice review.

I just had a question? Where i get this beautiful metal stand? ;)

Oh sorry, i read it now. :D

#56 Ruti

Ruti

Geeky Geko

• 607 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:54

Beautiful Set and review!

#57 Billus

Billus

Neowinian Senior

• 1,840 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:34

Thanks for the review! I've ordered this 5th Aug and still waiting for it. I was torn between getting this or going for eyefinity as I will be using this monitor for both games and Uni. Currently doing a Town Planning degree so usually I'll have a few maps open as well as Word to write up the report/findings so fingers crossed this makes my life a little more easy.

Coming from a 30" 16:10 1600p monitor so I'll see how it goes. And here is a review by Linus:

#58 Pitouli

Pitouli

Neowinian

• 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 21:45

Hi, I have quite the same configuration as you : LG 29EA93 (29" IPS, almost exactly the same...) on a Ergotron MX with a i1 Display Pro.

My issue is that I fail to do the hardware calibration (which is said to be working on my screen).

My i1Pro is working since it is usable wiith the XRite software.

When I launch the "True Color Finder 2.6.2" software, I have  2 dropdown lists, one to select the peripherical, and the i1Display Pro is selected (so it is recognised), and one for the monitor, and the 29EA93 is recognised too.

But when I click the "calibration" button, the software says it cannot communicate with the calibration tool.

Is there a specific driver to install? I installed the one given with the Xrite software, but since True Color Finder asked me to uninstall the Xrite Software, I don't know... Where did you find your driver ? Are you using the same version of True Color Finder ?

Is there a specific param to enable on the screen options? 

Dos it work with only one type of connection (I'm using display port)? Would be quite strange since it's supposed to be "built in" calibration.

Thanks if you can help me !

Pitouli

#59 OP mrk

mrk

www.robbiekhan.co.uk

• 4,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:46

Hi, I have quite the same configuration as you : LG 29EA93 (29" IPS, almost exactly the same...) on a Ergotron MX with a i1 Display Pro.

My issue is that I fail to do the hardware calibration (which is said to be working on my screen).

My i1Pro is working since it is usable wiith the XRite software.

When I launch the "True Color Finder 2.6.2" software, I have  2 dropdown lists, one to select the peripherical, and the i1Display Pro is selected (so it is recognised), and one for the monitor, and the 29EA93 is recognised too.

But when I click the "calibration" button, the software says it cannot communicate with the calibration tool.

Is there a specific driver to install? I installed the one given with the Xrite software, but since True Color Finder asked me to uninstall the Xrite Software, I don't know... Where did you find your driver ? Are you using the same version of True Color Finder ?

Is there a specific param to enable on the screen options? 

Dos it work with only one type of connection (I'm using display port)? Would be quite strange since it's supposed to be "built in" calibration.

Thanks if you can help me !

Pitouli

I don't know if the combination of your EA93 and colormeter is supported. I had the 29EB93 and that combination worked just fine though. I reckon it's incompatibility with the software+probe+LUT on the EA93 most likely.

Worth noting that you should not have any Xrite software installed. The LG software contains all the drivers needed and anything else installed will conflict.

#60 Pitouli

Pitouli

Neowinian

• 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 14:33

Thanks for your feedback !