Photo

Looking for some advise for Handbrake CLI

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 morpheus2n

morpheus2n

Neowinian

Posted 16 May 2014 - 17:13

Hi Im having a hard time getting my head round the CLI for handbrake and am hoping for some advice or guidance.

I have my media center setup in a way that everything is automated I very rarely have to do anything to it, It sorts all my media out via Media Center Master, it downloads and converts them automatically again using MCM and watchfolders (watchfolders is a now no-longer in development batch encoder using the handbrake CLI)

now for the last 3 years its been fine and I have not needed to do anything other than add a new HDD now and then but I want to change the commands used to improve the output.

Currently its set to encode to .mp4 with the following

-f mp4 --detelecine --decomb --loose-anamorphic  -e x264 -q 20 -a 1,1 -E faac,copy:ac3 -6 dpl2,auto -R Auto,Auto -B 160,auto -D 0.0,0.0 -m -x b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50 --verbose=1

but have found that its still converting more than it needs and I want the ac3 to be track on where pos so I changed it to

-f mp4 --detelecine --decomb --loose-anamorphic  -e x264 -q 20 -a 1,1 -A "English 5.1","English Stereo",-E copy:ac3,faac, -B auto,160, -R auto,auto -6 auto,dpl2 -m -x b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50 --verbose=1 

Now to me this looks fine as it dosn't downscale the video and puts the ac3 as track 1 and the aac as track 2 but I was hoping someone here could have a look and tell me if this would be the best script or is there a better way of writing it?

Hope this makes sense to someone lol and thanks for any help when it comes to command line code I always get in a bit over my head

#2 OP morpheus2n

morpheus2n

Neowinian

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:30

Noone?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!