Compatible GPUs for dual-graphics with AMD A10-7850K

Hi all,

I recently build a new computer using an AMD A10-7850K. Currently I have no dedicated graphics card in the build and am relying on the A10's integrated graphics, which really aren't too bad.

Anyway, I was wondering which cards are compatible with the A10's 'dual-graphics' mode so that the card and integrated chip in the processor work together to increase performance.

I am thinking of using an Asus Radeon R9 270X as this looks great for the money and should be fine for my needs but would it work with the A10's dual-graphics mode to boost its already good performance further?

If not, are there any suitable alternatives in the same price bracket?

Thanks in advance,

Ilmiont

The R7 240 and 250 are the only cards officially supported in that configuration

OK it was just a thought really... I think that Asus Radeon R9 270X 4GB edition should be fine on its own for my usage... indeed most peoples' usage. :)

And that applies to all AMD crossfire setups. If you have mismatched cards the faster cards will be limited to the same amount of stream processors and the same clock speed as the slowest card in the array. In short, unless both cards in the array are matched there's simply no point in doing it.