Goodbye Rapidshare: shuts down free offer, increases pricing

What's the point of Rapidshare when Microsoft offers free online file storage/sharing (last I knew) as well as other free file hosting sites? Can't say I'll be bothered by this as I've avoided Rapidshare like the plague and uploaded files elsewhere including my own web hosting space before a couple years ago.

Never really liked RapidShare.

Oh you wanted to download this file?  Well you have to wait an hour now.  Oh your file was uploaded in parts?  Well you can have the first 2 but then wait for the rest.

This, so much this. Especially being with an isp where I had a shared ip with other subscribers such as satellite internet and their web acceleration proxies. So I would have to wait because I got a message I just downloaded a file and even if I waited it was a losing battle because another subscriber could get to it before me. Then the bs where uploaders would split the file into multiple parts where they forgot to upload certain parts or they became corrupted as well as password locking files with no way to know where to look for the password. I'm just happy sticking with Onedrive or another free service and suggest others do the same, afaik crapidshare wasn't anything special.

It would be funny if another host took this as an opportunity just to spite Rapidshare. Briefly offer a bonus for new signups i.e. those whom might be coming from Rapidshare.