22 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks like something is up with the

Posted

Something that improves on the build construction would be nice. The new Super Slim is pretty fragile due to their cost cutting measures.

Posted

I don't know who in their right state of mind will buy a console with 4GB or 12GB HDD. If your only goal is to watch movies online, that may work. But I will never, even drunk will waste my money in such garbage. I bought a PS3 with 500GB for $199 in 2012 and is rock solid so far.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know who in their right state of mind will buy a console with 4GB or 12GB HDD. If your only goal is to watch movies online, that may work. But I will never, even drunk will waste my money in such garbage. I bought a PS3 with 500GB for $199 in 2012 and is rock solid so far.

It's pretty easy and non-warranty voiding to switch the HDD on a PS3. If your PS3 dies but the HDD is still good, you can just buy a 12GB SKU and stick your HDD in that one. The 360 is a different story.

Posted

many people already have a spare 2.5" sata hdd so it is cheaper to buy the 12gb version.

Posted

It's pretty easy and non-warranty voiding to switch the HDD on a PS3. If your PS3 dies but the HDD is still good, you can just buy a 12GB SKU and stick your HDD in that one. The 360 is a different story.

I don't know why we have something such as low-capacity as a 4GB model to begin with. That's just too small, is it not? :/

Posted

I'd be tempted to buy a 12GB PS3 as I have multiple 2.5" drives in excess of 500GB capactity. It would be substantially cheaper to get the 12GB + drive mounting plate than buying a 320GB-500GB unit.

Waiting on

Posted

many people already have a spare 2.5" sata hdd so it is cheaper to buy the 12gb version.

define 'many people'

its easy to forget that we amount to the smaller group among the gaming market.

I don't know why we have something such as low-capacity as a 4GB model to begin with. That's just too small, is it not? :/

Apparently not, as those low capacity models sell pretty well.

Posted

define 'many people'

its easy to forget that we amount to the smaller group among the gaming market.

Definitely not enough people have a spare 2.5" HDD to make a whole model for them. It's not meant for that at all. You also need to buy the HDD tray if you get the 12GB PS3, it doesn't even include it.

They're probably just discontinuing this model. I don't think it was very popular. 

Posted

I'm talking in terms of practicality; I know they sell at least due to pricing.

Posted

When did a 12GB PS3 even launch? What is this 2006?

Posted

When did a 12GB PS3 even launch? What is this 2006?

around 2yrs ago.

1 person likes this

Posted

Something that improves on the build construction would be nice. The new Super Slim is pretty fragile due to their cost cutting measures.

What are you doing to your console? Kicking it around your house?

1 person likes this

Posted

If they do release a new version of the PS3 with tiny built in storage they should at least include a caddy for the hard drive so you can easily upgrade without having to buy one.

That was really annoying.

Posted

around 2yrs ago.

Thanks, honestly had no idea this even existed...

Posted

To be honest, if my PS3 died, I'd buy a used Slim or original fat one. I still have one of the originals, and the build quality of the newer models seems utterly crap in comparison.

Posted

what kind of people do you know??

I always thought this model was a typo for the 120GB version

1 person likes this

Posted

What are you doing to your console? Kicking it around your house?

Kids and a manually closing disc cover don't mix.

Posted

Kids and a manually closing disc cover don't mix.

I concur with that, also kids and slot loaders are a nightmare too. My iMac and 2 PS3's have had their disc loading mechanisms destroyed by toddlers

Posted

what kind of people do you know??

I always thought this model was a typo for the 120GB version

That was my first thought as well, didn't even know it existed and never saw it in stores, unlike the 4GB 360, which is very prominent.

Posted

New PS4 and PS3 Models Revealed by Certification Request Filed by Sony

The PS4 has just been launched a few months ago, but Sony might already be planning to launch a new model of its new console. The manufacturer filed for the registration of two new

Posted

I don't think the PS4 needs to be slimmer, if anything, it needs to lose some depth! It's almost deeper than my massive A/V receiver, and just about fits on my rack! :laugh:

I'd also quite like a matt black "sliding" cover (the bit that covers the HDD). The gloss attracts way too much dust for my liking, and it's looking a little scratched up already - which is odd since I only ever use a micro fibre cloth, and the Wii U gets the same treatment and that looks like new still. Also, it seems to have gotten pretty loose.