Twitch chooses Google over Microsoft amid multiple buyout offers

I really, really hope not.

"League of Legends LCS match is not available in your country due to Sony Copyright."

• Like 2

If you have a Twitch account, you better delete it now before you get converted into Google's database.

Youtube has really gone downhill and there are way too many ads on there (unless you're smart and block them).

• Like 3

"Mature content. You need to register to watch this stream."

"One account for everything. Sign up for a Google account to comment on the stream."

"Mature content. You need to register to watch this stream."

"One account for everything. Sign up for a Google account to comment on the stream."

I tick the "mature content" on all of my streams lest I die in an improbably way and let the NPC that killed me that I dislike the cut of his jib in an inappropriately vocal way   :rofl:

"We know you don't want it, but here, enjoy your new social network account for a social network that you didn't want to participate in."

Twitch has replaced sports and TV for me. If anything changes due to this purchase, they can go ###### themselves. Sincerely, a long-time Twitch user.

I hope they do to be honest, Google has good engineers/developers, the servers/infrastructure to easily support millions of concurrent viewers and a lot of money to spare, none of which the current owners of Twitch seem to have. I'm a Twitch partner and don't get me wrong I'm grateful for their service, but it could be so much better with a few good devs and more resources.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/youtube-to-acquire-videogame-streaming-service-twitch-for-1-billion-sources-1201185204/

Google?s YouTube has reached a deal to buy Twitch, a popular videogame-streaming company, for more than $1 billion, according to sources familiar with the pact.

The deal, in an all-cash offer, is expected to be announced imminently, sources said. If completed the acquisition would be the most significant in the history of YouTube, which Google acquired in 2006 for $1.65 billion. The impending acquisition comes after longtime Google ad exec Susan Wojcicki was named CEO of YouTube earlier this year.

Reps for YouTube and Twitch declined to comment.

San Francisco-based Twitch lets users upload and watch free, live gameplay videos that can be streamed from Microsoft Xbox and PlayStation 4 consoles. The company claims to have more than 45 million monthly users, with more than 1 million members who upload videos each month. It also has deals to distribute shows from partners including CBS Interactive?s GameSpot, Joystiq and Destructoid.

Could bring more professionalism and server capacity, could on the other hand lead to random issues with the site breaking, complete lack of support, etc.

Could bring more professionalism and server capacity, could on the other hand lead to random issues with the site breaking, complete lack of support, etc.

Two things that come to mind is Content ID matching and even worst of all chat being used as advertising along with googles horrid privacy policy and terms of use.

If Google's treatment of YouTube is anything to go by, Twitch chat will be changed to require a G+ account, the stream player will be halved in size and the streams themselves limited to 480p at 30fps with a 15 minute delay.

Unlike most I see this as a good thing, Twitch is awesome BUT it lacks the infrastructure to support all the streams and viewers, this gives them that infrastructure

I really hop Google keeps the Twitch brand going on seperate from YouTube 

Unlike most I see this as a good thing, Twitch is awesome BUT it lacks the infrastructure to support all the streams and viewers, this gives them that infrastructure

I really hop Google keeps the Twitch brand going on seperate from YouTube 

Because twitch and youtube share alot of the same features for online streaming chances are they wont.

If Google's treatment of YouTube is anything to go by, Twitch chat will be changed to require a G+ account, the stream player will be halved in size and the streams themselves limited to 480p at 30fps with a 15 minute delay.

Not sure what's up with your internet conenction, I can stram live youtube events at 1080 and with no buffer or delay 90% of the time, can't say the same for Twitch sadly 

oh please no. twitch was just starting to improve itself. i don't want google to ruin them like they did youtube

At least the Android app might get some TLC, it's dire.

And then we could just kill hour hopes for an official WP app.