How many shaves until you replace your Razor Blade?

Shaving Razor Blade Poll  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How many shaves until you replace your Razor Blade

• 1 - 5
    • More than 17 times
    • Until it pulls so many hairs on my face it hurts to shave.
  2. 2. How many times do you shave per week

• More than 3 times per day

I can't vote, as I usually have an apocalypse survivor look going on - long hair, beard. When I do/did shave though, I would switch the blade when it became uncomfortable, and I would shave daily.

Use to get 2 shaves per blade then bin so I just stopped shaving.  I now save .01% more disposable income a week and look 33% more awesome, true story.

• Like 3

Use to get 2 shaves per blade then bin so I just stopped shaving.  I now save .01% more disposable income a week and look 33% more awesome, true story.

post-2-0-35269900-1400664552.jpg

:P

As I use one of these bad boys:

GilletteSuperAdjustableP201.jpg

Then I change the blade about once a week.

Shave nearly every day, sometimes I will miss a day.

However blades cost about 10p each so not exactly breaking the bank.

As I use one of these bad boys:

GilletteSuperAdjustableP201.jpg

Then I change the blade about once a week.

Shave nearly every day, sometimes I will miss a day.

However blades cost about 10p each so not exactly breaking the bank.

Same with me.  I also use a DE safety razor and I usually get 5-7 shaves out of each blade.  Realize though that I buy a pack of 100 blades from amazon for $10.53 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QY8QXM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) ( So at about 5 shaves a piece that should last me 500 shaves.)

Since there are 365 days in a standard calendar year that should last 1.37 years.  So, that is $7.29 for blades for an entire year and around $0.30 for the first part of the second year.  That is one hell of a deal considering a standard 5 pack of Gillette mach 3 blades at walmart cost $14.47 (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gillette-MACH3-Cartridges/14237852) and last around 4-5 months depending on usage.

I paid for ?8.48 for a pack of 100 Astra SP blades. DE shaving changed the way I shave n' save massively.

Koo.

I will note that down and pick up some tomorrow.

Sometimes cheap blades cut me bad.

Can't find them on asda.co.uk

Any chance of a link?

Koo.

Any chance of a link?

Those are also my blades of choice.  So sharp that it feels like my face is baby smooth after my morning shave.

Those are also my blades of choice.  So sharp that it feels like my face is baby smooth after my morning shave.

Now your getting kinky.

Well I do a face pack and deep shave on a Sunday 18:00

Then my face is as smooth as a baby's arse.

I used a Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 blade, and it'll do me 2 shaves; I usually shave on a Saturday morning (yes, once a week).

I only need to shave once a week, and even then I look like I have a bad teenage beard, so I only need to change the blade every 2 months or so. I would love to be able to use an electric razor, but unfortunately my facial hair is too soft, so it doesn't work properly and misses most of the hair. I usually shave on Mondays at the start of the work week, but if I'm on vacation, I'll only shave once my facial hair gets too annoying.

Koo.

Any chance of a link?

They aren't cartridge blades like what your expecting. I got mine from eBay but they can be sourced from various online stores.  Simply buying any DE razor blades aren't recommended as everyone differs on what brand prefer.  Blades like the Astra's or Feathers also very sharp and therefore less forgiving so you have to treat them like your putting the sharpest blade you'll ever put against your skin as that's exactly what is happening.

If your seriously interested in getting a better shave and saving money then I suggest reading and asking at these places:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/hukd-de-shaving-thread-1228386

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18529113

http://www.reddit.com/r/wicked_edge/

I shave daily and use the Harry's razor. At 1.56 a blade it was hard to pass up. I don't think they are as good as the pro glide, they are pretty good.

I would suggest getting a shave brush and bowl for the Harry's cream. Otherwise it is a good kit.

feather blades be so sharp

I was never impressed with feather blades.  Now the astra superior premium blades are the best in my opinion.

I shave once a week.  I don't use shaving cream since, as far as I'm concerned, its only purpose is to gum up the blades.  I'm not exaggerating when I say a pack of 8 lasts me half a decade.

i use one of these and am lucky enough to get a 4 pack of blades for 2 bucks from the company store at work...i change the blade every 2-3 shaves

post-3403-0-23287700-1400691035.jpg

feather blades be so sharp

I just use the razor the blades i use are a Derby Extra Blades

81fbgRsV5RL._SL1500_.jpg

I shave once a week at most, replace the blade after two months approximately. I don't have much facial hair, which I was always grateful for since I hate shaving. Then my hair started falling out, and I dread the thought of having to shave my entire head in (I hope not so near) future. Damn you karmaaaa

There are tutorials all over youtube on how to prolong the blade life of a typical (Gillette) razor. From rubbing the blade with the thumb multiple times to rubbing the blade on denim jeans multiple times. 

I shave about 5x a week (around my full beard) and I'll use em till it hurts.

Shave once every 2-3 (sometimes 4) weeks.  Use the blade once (Double Edge blades) then throw.  I have used them more than once sometimes though.

I shave once a week at most, replace the blade after two months approximately. I don't have much facial hair, which I was always grateful for since I hate shaving. Then my hair started falling out, and I dread the thought of having to shave my entire head in (I hope not so near) future. Damn you karmaaaa

My brother is like that...couldn't grow a beard even if he didn't shave for a year.  And then there is me...I would have a full on beard in less than a week.  I hate being so damn hairy.