Restraining Order Against 5-Year-Old Alleged Bully

Brian Metzger has gone to drastic measures to protect his daughter. The Wisconsin dad filed a restraining order against her 5-year-old alleged bully.

Metzger?s daughter, 6, was repeatedly harassed by a male classmate at Prairie Lane Elementary School, according to a recent story published by Wisconsin local news affiliate WISN12. "She came home and said a student threatened her by saying, 'I want to slit your throat and watch you bleed,'" Metzger told WISN12. He explained that she and other students have been dealing with the same individual all year.  Metzger had complained to school officials about the boy in the past, but they failed to remove him from his daughter's class, according to the New York Daily News. So Metzger decided to take the matter to the police.

The May 12 incident is described as "disorderly conduct? and involved the boy kicking the girl in the face and throwing sand and rocks at her during gym class, according to the Pleasant Prairie Police Department's report. He was sent home that day for his behavior.

Metzger delivered the restraining order to the school on May 13, and on the following day, the boy was removed from his daughter?s class.

However, Metzger isn?t satisfied. He says his little girl used to love kindergarten but now doesn?t want to go to school. Metzger wants the boy removed from the school.

more

...5-year-old alleged bully...

'I want to slit your throat and watch you bleed,'"

...involved the boy kicking the girl in the face and throwing sand and rocks at her during gym class...

He says his little girl used to love kindergarten but now doesn?t want to go to school.

What in the...no kidding she doesn't like kindergarten anymore! If anyone were to do similar things to me I'd also get a restraining order, although in this case given the bully's age I would seriously suggest seeking mental help. :/

I see this as a 2 part failure:

1) Why has the school allowed this behavior to continue?

2) What the hell are his parents doing (or not doing) to raise such an awful child? As kids grow up they need to be taught right from wrong etc etc, they seem to have failed to do this.

• Like 3

Do what we did with our daughter.

We gave them very friendly personalities, like me though a bit keeerazeee, a vicious stare, like the Krays and a sharp, to the point tongue. 

I also taught them to box.

They never bullied or got bullied.

Only way to deal with a bully is a punch in the mouth, theirs obviously.

post-66351-0-23779200-1400577339.jpg

I advise any of you here, if you're being pick on or bullied, go get some self defence and confidence lessons and some boxing lessons too.

Then when they bully lays a hair on your person then smack em where it hurts.

Or use the other self defence techniques, like grabbing the face, pulling and twisting nipples and tugging at arm pit hair.

That adorable Jewish girl from Malcolm in The Middle she had some good ones.

There are lots.

I would kick a brat like this to the curb -- don't come back.

It's not the kid's fault, it's the parents. The child should be taken into care and receive behavioural therapy, otherwise he will never contribute anything to society.

I am sorry but I don't understand why a 5 year old would have thoughts like that. I thought this was going to be yet another over protective parent when I read the title but I don't think a restraining order is enough! I'm no psychologist but I suspect that child has some sort of mental illness and it should be addressed ASAP.

I am sorry but I don't understand why a 5 year old would have thoughts like that. I thought this was going to be yet another over protective parent when I read the title but I don't think a restraining order is enough! I'm no psychologist but I suspect that child has some sort of mental illness and it should be addressed ASAP.

Well when I was 5 there was some hispanic kid in my infant 1st year group.

All he used to do was hit others, swear, be abusive, he was a horrible struggle and grunt.

He was expelled the following year.

So usually it's an influence from older siblings, cousins and parents.

Myself, I raised my two to look after their-selves not go causing agro.

You must understand I was raised in an inner city in London, so we had to take care of ourselves.

Well when I was 5 there was some hispanic kid in my infant 1st year group.

All he used to do was hit others, swear, be abusive, he was a horrible struggle and grunt.

He was expelled the following year.

So usually it's an influence from older siblings, cousins and parents.

Myself, I raised my two to look after their-selves not go causing agro.

You must understand I was raised in an inner city in London, so we had to take care of ourselves.

There is a difference between swearing and physical violence that, as you say can be easily learned from family around you to saying the words "slit your throat" and then the connection to what the actual outcome is "watch you bleed" at 5 years old, you shouldn't even be aware of the action let alone the consequences.

This is very different to bullying, this is psychotic behaviour we wouldn't let an adult display never mind a 5 year old. I doubt my 8, nearly 9 year old daughter would even understand the term "slit your throat" on first hearing it.

• Like 2

Do what we did with our daughter.

We gave them very friendly personalities, like me though a bit keeerazeee, a vicious stare, like the Krays and a sharp, to the point tongue. 

I also taught them to box.

They never bullied or got bullied.

Only way to deal with a bully is a punch in the mouth, theirs obviously.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

I advise any of you here, if you're being pick on or bullied, go get some self defence and confidence lessons and some boxing lessons too.

Then when they bully lays a hair on your person then smack em where it hurts.

Or use the other self defence techniques, like grabbing the face, pulling and twisting nipples and tugging at arm pit hair.

That adorable Jewish girl from Malcolm in The Middle she had some good ones.

There are lots.

Be careful. If your kids injuries the bully, this can fallback and bite your kids in the backside. the bullys can sue you or your kids for injuries. You may use bullying as a defense but you might not get away with assault.

Probably from watching violent movies and uncaring parents.

Whilst I agree that may have played a part, this doesn't happen (IMO) without some underlying mental illness. Whether it's good parenting or not my parents let me watch scary, viloent movies when I was far too young for them (probably a similar ages as the children in this) and I haven't had the desire to threaten someones life in such a horrific way.

But most of the times, they just need to be told that whatever they're doing is not right and can hurt/hurting somebody. It's a concept which parents more than anybody else can inculcate in a child with such behavior. I have seen kids in perfectly good environments behaving like this with the kids from outside the family. But once they were persistently intervened and told not to do what they were doing, they learned.

Little dexter I say.

Be careful. If your kids injuries the bully, this can fallback and bite your kids in the backside. the bullys can sue you or your kids for injuries. You may use bullying as a defense but you might not get away with assault.

SO?

If I am going to do time for giving a thug a good beating, then I want to make sure the thug gets the message and I am rewarded with the right badge of honour.

The public have now swung away from the namby pamby society which once enveloped Britain.

Courts now make sure that self defence is a defence.

If I got a smack in the face for bullying someone then I deserved it and more.

It's not the kid's fault, it's the parents. The child should be taken into care and receive behavioural therapy, otherwise he will never contribute anything to society.

Sorry, but some people with malignant personalities ARE by nature - not how they're raised. This kid sounds like a born psycopath looking for a time & place to happen.

Our daughter was raised with 2 brothers and received the same self defense training. When she was 12 and "blooming" a boy bully tormented her endlessly. The principal talking to the kid and his frustrated parents only helped short term. Her brothers were in different buildings, so no help there.

Eventually she'd had enough. The kid made a crude remark and patted her butt, then she blew. She grabbed his collar & back of his belt, slammed him into his locker door and told him,

"one more time and I'm going to pop-rivet your d*** to this locker door"

Never heard from him again

• Like 1

Sorry, but some people with malignant personalities ARE by nature - not how they're raised. This kid sounds like a born psycopath looking for a time & place to happen.

Psychopaths aren't inherently violent, even those who are genetically predisposed to it. Most antisocial behaviour is a result of bad parenting and I would be very surprised if that isn't the case here. Good parents would have pulled the kid out of school and got him appropriate attention for his antisocial behaviour, given that this wasn't an isolated incident.

Our daughter was raised with 2 brothers and received the same self defense training. When she was 12 and "blooming" a boy bully tormented her endlessly. The principal talking to the kid and his frustrated parents only helped short term. Her brothers were in different buildings, so no help there.

Eventually she'd had enough. The kid made a crude remark and patted her butt, then she blew. She grabbed his collar & back of his belt, slammed him into his locker door and told him,

"one more time and I'm going to pop-rivet your d*** to this locker door"

Never heard from him again

That only supports my position, as he was disciplined (by your daughter rather than his parents) and his behaviour changed. That demonstrates his behaviour is learnt not genetic.

Unfortunately, while that is partly true, some people are born true psychopaths and no matter how good their upbringing is, they turn into some form of serial killer or worse.

Those you refer to, while they're psychopaths, they're only mild psychopaths. It comes in degrees, and some people are just born "evil" though they don't really have that concept.

• Like 1

In many it's a developmental defect in the inhibitory regions of their brain. With severely compromised inhibitory function all bets are off. This doesn't stop them from learning what potential victims fight back hard enough to be a danger, they just move on to easier prey.