Cuaron In Talks For Potter Spin-Off "Beasts"

Of the eight "Harry Potter" films, the one that routinely comes out on top in many people's eyes is "Gravity" and "Children of Men" director Alfonso Cuaron's third film in the series "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban".

Now, Nikki Finke claims Cuaron is "deep in talks" to return to the world that J.K. Rowling created - by taking the helm of the upcoming spin-off feature and potential trilogy launcher "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" at Warner Bros. Pictures.

The film follows the adventures of the book's fictitious author, Newt Scamander, in a time seven decades before the events of the 'Potter' films began. It is currently targeting a November 2016 release.

Source

Massive Harry Potter fan, love the universe and can't wait for this. I don't think I would pick the PoA as my favourite but its too hard to pick one. If I remember correctly, that one had some weird scene phase effects with fading to black etc that I really didn't like.

It was the first really dark one that showed the movies wherent just for kids and therefore got a lot of good reviews and gets remembered for that.