OS X 10.9 Maveriks - map network drive from AD

does anyone know a way to add at login (just like in windows) users home drive and any other drives in mac os x?

I was able to add the MAC to AD, I am able to install printers and some small things but I do not know how to map all the drives the user gets in Windows to the MAC.

google mentioned some random scripts and programs but wonreding if anyone got it to work and how.

thanks!

Several ways of doing this. The AD can provide OS X with a "SMB" link to the share that the user is allowed / authenticated to. Another way is using login items and providing the link to all of shared drives the user is allowed to access.

Ive never done this via AD, only LDAP. Both OS X Ldap and Linux LDAP uses a parameter the OS X reads and Out of the 20+ shares we have, each individual will only see those that they are allowed to see.

I fully agree with you, but the problem is that i am not sure where to look and what to change

the AD - SMB link seems to be the equivalent of the login script for windows users, if that is the case, how is it supposed to be implemented? -  do i need to enable anything on the mac?

I cannot seem to edit the post above:

so i created a small apple script and placed it in library/launchagents

but

the drives mount only after i doubleclick the file ... is there any way to run this for all users logging in to the computer? (network or local)

I ran into the same issue at work and i was able to resolve it by flushing the DNS cache.

Open Terminal and type in dscacheutil -flushcache.  You don't need sudo rights to run it just normal user rights.  Once you log out and back in, the drive should be mapped.

Can someone flesh this out a little more for me.  I'd like to do the same as we are starting to get a few more Macs and would like an easy to do home folders.

We have Novell Filr as well, so we might just stick with it, but didn't really know this was possible.  I've added the folder to Finder as a server and that works fine for the girl that uses it, but would like to open it up to the other Macs.

In Finder goto Go > Connect to server > smb://servername/share. Once it's mapped, place a shortcut to the share in the favourites pane or whatever it's called.

I do this with my NAS box, and if I ever need to browse anything on the share I just click the shortcut and it auto-connects. 

Not sure if I'm missing the point, unless you're trying to log into the Mac using AD credentials - doesn't work very well (no GPOs will apply if that's how you map drives).

Mac using AD credentials is my ultimate goal.

We had it connected to AD, but ONLY the first account to login would actually work.

It sounded like someone had a script they could put on each machine to handle the mapping, so that's what I'd like.