Google+ update brings massive UI overhaul and tons of new features

Google has just announced a huge new upgrade for the Google+ for Android app. The biggest change you?ll see right out of the dugout is a brand new user interface. The app features a lot more red on profile pages, and tightens things up around nearly every other corner.

Said UI tweaks include an updated interface for posting new status messages, a new photo browser that lets you quickly view your entire catalog (said to be a big change for those with big photo libraries) and navigate the photos by date, and new navigation and app menus to make it easy to zip around the various sections of the app.

On the more functional side of things, Auto Awesome Stories and Auto Awesome Movies arrive, with the former taking all your photos, video and public check-ins into a travelogue of sorts, while the latter allows you to automatically string together photos and videos to make quick and fun highlights. Finally, you can now create animated GIFs and photobooth-style images right from the Android app using the new ?Motion? and ?Mix? options in the Photos section of the app.

More and DL link...

http://phandroid.com/2014/05/20/google-update-brings-massive-ui-overhaul-and-tons-of-new-features-apk-download/

Clicked here thinking it was for their website, not the Android app.

I thought they were suggesting this was going to be shutdown only a few weeks back.

Even if they are discussing it, they wouldn't stop work revolving around it until a decision is made to kill it off.

Even if they are discussing it, they wouldn't stop work revolving around it until a decision is made to kill it off.

I'm sure the article said that a lot of people working on Google+ had been reassigned...

I guess not? :P

Think it is just rumors that G+ is shutting down.  People get shifted around all the time.  Wouldnt take it as an indication that G+ is going away.