Pallbearers Wear Superhero Costumes at 5-Year-Old Boy's Funeral

Five-year-old Indiana boy Brayden Denton recently lost his fight against a brain tumor. His mom, Staci Denton, said that his battle was "fit for a superhero," and when he passed away earlier this week, the community in his hometown made sure that his funeral was too.

As the sweet boy was laid to rest, his pallbearers found a way to honor him ? by dressing up as his favorite superheroes. Brayden's uncle Cory dressed as Thor. Others dressed up as Superman, Batman, Iron Man, and the Incredible Hulk. "It was hard, but I did it for him," said Cory, who shared memories of watching all the Iron Man movies with his nephew.

Staci reflected on Brayden's illness, which rendered him unable to walk, then unable to eat or drink. He passed away on May 8th. Several Facebook pages and groups sprung up in support of Brayden when he got sick, organizing fundraisers and prayer circles.

Staci has donated his tumor to science and has committed her life to cancer research. She is currently working with Ron Alter, a state senator in Indiana, to have September declared National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in the state.

more & video

There was a 7 year old that I met the first day I had my chemo for the Glioblastoma Multiforma I have. He had the same thing, and told me to hang onto hope. I am 35 with a 13 year old daughter, but for some reason what he said touched me. He died 2 weeks ago from his, and i'm still alive, and mine is actually shrinking. Sometimes this world isn't fair.