xbox one microsoft dashboard update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#106 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:06

About the Fre part: Read the info here.

The number in the brackets is the date that they release the update/build.

The kinect is still plugged in my Xbox. If I unplug it, the warning notification shows on the screen where the Xbox Logo is at. That I don't like it, I want that off. And I want the kinect stay unplugged but I can't because the notification still shows up there.

I wish MS to hurry up and release the update for the 'Unplugged kinect' notification removal.

Thanks for the info, good to know it means free/bundled and not French :rofl:

Will post the bracketed numbers later, though i suspect ours are the same. My hunch tells me it's due to the state of our Kinects...maybe it's a glitch? It's annoying to have that alert on the screen, i know how you feel, but they did patch it. Possibly only for people that didn't have their Kinects active at the time of the update :s

#107 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 June 2014 - 00:46

Shozilla - it's Xb_rel_1406.140601-2110 in the brackets, followed by Fre. Hope this helps

#108 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 11 June 2014 - 00:49

Same.

Thanks.

Hopefully the next update will fix it.. Who knows.

#109 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 June 2014 - 00:51

Same.

Thanks.

Hopefully the next update will fix it.. Who knows.

Sure thing, and figured it would be the same. I'm telling you it's because my Kinect was already inactive at the time of the update, so somehow the firmware considers my console a bare version, with no bundled Kinect. Your sensor was active at the time of the update. This is the only explanation i can think of that makes sense to me, as the build is the same going on the numbers.

#110 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 June 2014 - 18:21

MS posted a little preview of what is coming for the July update:

http://news.xbox.com...-update-preview

Definitely more cool features coming next month. Its also the start of seeing features that had required voice commands now getting controller shortcuts (i.e. being able to snap the 'snap center' simply by double tapping the xbox logo)

#111 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:50

Sure thing, and figured it would be the same. I'm telling you it's because my Kinect was already inactive at the time of the update, so somehow the firmware considers my console a bare version, with no bundled Kinect. Your sensor was active at the time of the update. This is the only explanation i can think of that makes sense to me, as the build is the same going on the numbers.

I let you know.. it has been removed.  :D

#112 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:04

I let you know.. it has been removed.  :D

Good news if a little odd heh heh, there was no update since then. Did you hard reset the console? Anyway, glad the alert is gone and everything is fine :)

#113 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:59

Good news if a little odd heh heh, there was no update since then. Did you hard reset the console? Anyway, glad the alert is gone and everything is fine :)

No reset needed. It went gone by itself.

#114 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 June 2014 - 00:52

No reset needed. It went gone by itself.

The wonders and mystery of human technology...maybe it needed some time to "take". As long as it's good now!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!