24 replies to this topic

#1 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,005 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 16:12

Puh-leeze, just_give_it_up.

http://www.latimes.c...ory.html#page=1

The Obama administration has quietly adjusted key provisions of its signature healthcare law to potentially make billions of additional taxpayer dollars available to the insurance industry if companies providing coverage through the Affordable Care Act lose money.

The move was buried in hundreds of pages of new regulations issued late last week. It comes as part of an intensive administration effort to hold down premium increases for next year, a top priority for the White House as the rates will be announced ahead of this fall's congressional elections.

Administration officials for months have denied charges by opponents that they plan a "bailout" for insurance companies providing coverage under the healthcare law.

They continue to argue that most insurers shouldn't need to substantially increase premiums because safeguards in the healthcare law will protect them over the next several years.
>

#2 COKid

COKid

Neowinian Senior

• 3,153 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 16:36

Please point me in the direction of some of your enlightening critiques of the previous President. After all, I'm sure it was just as easy to find faults with him, as well.

Thank you.

(By the way, I have found that most people who constantly cut down others do so because their own lives have not lived up to their expectations and they need someone to blame to make themselves feel better. I sure feel sorry for those poor folks, because despite the problems that exist in the world, life can still be an awesome experience!)  :D

shaka.jpg

#3 macrosslover

macrosslover

Muad’Dib

• 3,124 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 16:56

Please point me in the direction of some of your enlightening critiques of the previous President. After all, I'm sure it was just as easy to find faults with him, as well.

Thank you.

(By the way, I have found that most people who constantly cut down others do so because their own lives have not lived up to their expectations and they need someone to blame to make themselves feel better. I sure feel sorry for those poor folks, because despite the problems that exist in the world, life can still be an awesome experience!)  :D

your response to the article is to ask when he criticized the last president, not on the merits of what he posted.  Can we just let W. go and move on.  I can't remember that far back when I complained about something he did, but I know I did many times.  However O. is our president now and we have to deal with current events.

I think this is further proof that the law in its current form is a mess and instead of saying we'll work with the other side to smartly fix it and make something that works, the Democrats don't want to accept any changes whatsoever to the plan officially, unless it keeps the bad news from being released before the election.  On the flip side the Republicans, still have not offered an alternative and most of their plans are to scrap it completely.  Both sides are not willingly to budge.  However since the Democrats passed this with zero Republican support and told us the law is fine, but now we see every day that the law is not fine, this is their mess to clean up.  I'd rather somebody who helped pass the law (who is not running for re-election) just admit that their are flaws in the law that need to be fixed.

I also wish they would just admit the truth, everybody's rate is going to increase, period.  There is no way you can add all the additional services and requirements and not have the rates for everybody increase.

#4 OP DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,005 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:43

Thank you.

If you had checked my join date you'd know I've only been here since 2010, so I had no opportunity to register my objections to several Bush policies on Neowin - but rest assured there were many.

That said, they are irrelevant today because Bush hasn't been president for several years. Obama is, and he's f'ing up royally. Even many key members of his own party agree because he's dragging them down with him.

The Amateur Night Presidency.

(By the way, I have found that most people who constantly cut down others do so because their own lives have not lived up to their expectations and they need someone to blame to make themselves feel better. I sure feel sorry for those poor folks, because despite the problems that exist in the world, life can still be an awesome experience!) :D

Deflection is not a reasoned response. The FACTS are that Obamacare is profoundly unpopular, and this is because it has badly distorted both the healthcare system and employment in this country. That's why the Democrats are in deep trouble in this years congressional, state legislature and gubenatorial elections. See 2010's Republican wave election, which was also about Obamacare but without the now known deep downsides. They're heading for a thumpin'.

#5 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,411 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:46

Thank you.

shaka.jpg

Ahh the old standard, you can't argue facts so you chose to deflect and change the topic, stick to the topic at hand there skippy, you might actually learn something useful for once 

#6 AnotherITguy

AnotherITguy

Neowinian

• 980 posts
  • Phone: Iphone 5C 16GB

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:59

Good ole obamacare, bail out the insurance companies.... nice! while we taxpayers foot the bill..  

#7 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,411 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 13:08

Good ole obamacare, bail out the insurance companies.... nice! while we taxpayers foot the bill..  

Worse is I have to pay for my insurance AND the insurance of some lazy ass unemployed douche not looking for work living off the government ######, just like the Democrats want it to be, they NEED those leeches voting for them 

#8 TechJunkie81

TechJunkie81

Neowinian

• 442 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 13:21

Worse is I have to pay for my insurance AND the insurance of some lazy ass unemployed douche not looking for work living off the government ######, just like the Democrats want it to be, they NEED those leeches voting for them 

Didn't know Mitt Romney was a Democrat, been doing this for 7 years now.

#9 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,411 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 13:24

Didn't know Mitt Romney was a Democrat, been doing this for 7 years now.

This is about the Obamacare mess, stop trying deflect attention to unrelated things that are unrelated to the topic at hand, you might learn something that isn't propaganda

#10 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• 13,016 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 13:31

Please stick to the topic and don't attack other users.

#11 +primortal

primortal

Why Does It Hurt!

• 3,506 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon (929)

Posted 27 May 2014 - 13:38

Just an FYI; you were paying for the "lazy ass unemployed douche not looking for work living off the government" long before ACA came into play.  Plus those unemployed do not get free health insurance they still have to pay something https://www.healthca...-im-unemployed/

#12 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,307 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 13:56

Just an FYI; you were paying for the "lazy ass unemployed douche not looking for work living off the government" long before ACA came into play.  Plus those unemployed do not get free health insurance they still have to pay something https://www.healthca...-im-unemployed/

That's true, but it keeps getting worse as the number of entitlements offered increases.  Taxes and healthcare premiums are increasing like crazy and it's the middle class that's getting squeezed, which is why the middle class is shrinking and the lower class is growing.  

For a country that's a world leader, it's embarrassing to see which way our classes are shifting.

#13 +primortal

primortal

Why Does It Hurt!

• 3,506 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon (929)

Posted 27 May 2014 - 13:59

That's true, but it keeps getting worse as the number of entitlements offered increases.  Taxes and healthcare premiums are increasing like crazy and it's the middle class that's getting squeezed, which is why the middle class is shrinking and the lower class is growing.  

For a country that's a world leader, it's embarrassing to see which way our classes are shifting.

I completely agree...  Sadly neither party will anything that is right for this country; only what benefits the pockets of the health insurance companies and the health industry (doctors, hospitals, etc.).

#14 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,307 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 14:04

I completely agree...  Sadly neither party will anything that is right for this country; only what benefits the pockets of the health insurance companies and the health industry (doctors, hospitals, etc.).

Pretty much.  Capitalism at it's worst.

#15 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,411 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:51

Gov could had stayed out of healthcare and done what was actually needed which was real tort reform and put limits on the drug companies, also neuter the rip off deal that if getting an ambulance ride these days, but nationalizing medicine was THE absolute worse thing they could do, so of course the Dems ram it down our throats, like they so love to do