new york 4th grade nauseated second-degree assault reckless endangerment

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,550 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:47

Two New York City fourth-graders were arrested Tuesday after allegedly putting poison in a teacher's water bottle, police said.

The two boys, ages 9 and 12, allegedly poisoned the teacher's water Monday afternoon, causing her to feel nauseated the next day. She was treated by her doctor and is now in good condition, said Sgt. John Buthorn of the New York City Police Department.

The poison is being tested in a lab to determine its content, but it appears to be rat poison, police said.

According to the NYPD, both boys have been charged with attempted second-degree assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon.

Police told CNN that the incident occurred at P.S. 315 in Brooklyn. The public school, also known as the School of Performing Arts, serves 849 students from pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, according to the school's website.

more

#2 barbary

barbary

Neowinian

• 77 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:11

Wish I had thought of this when I was at school.  Could have got out of all sorts of things.  If I were there parents I'd be kind of proud. 

#3 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,550 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:17

Such sweet innocent children ....

#4 Ilys

Ilys

Neowinian

• 120 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:39

Laxatives, sure, that's mostly harmless, but poison? Those kids are ######ed in the head...

#5 mps69

mps69

Neowinian

• 827 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:43

Wish I had thought of this when I was at school.  Could have got out of all sorts of things.  If I was there parents I'd be kind of proud. 

:huh:  Really hope you're kidding

Proud is not the word I'd use if it was my kid.

If they don't want to be taught, just play truant, don't got harming someone who is only doing their job to educate young minds

#6 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,832 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:53

Wish I had thought of this when I was at school.  Could have got out of all sorts of things.  If I were there parents I'd be kind of proud.

:blink: I think we read different articles...

I guess it's possible that they didn't understand how dangerous their actions were, but still...how did they get access to the poison?

#7 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,985 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:11

According to the NYPD, both boys have been charged with attempted second-degree assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon.

Criminal possession of a weapon? That's a bit far to stretch...

Not condoning what they did though. :/

#8 Starbuck84

Starbuck84

Would You Kindly?

• 1,470 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:56

Proud? Laxative, sure, that could be considered fun. But (possibly) rat poison? No matter what people might think or say, I'd smack the crap out of my kids if I had any and they did something like this.

#9 Yazoo

Yazoo

Just a regular guy

• 1,787 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 13:30

Some rodenticides are just an anticoagulant (Warfrin) which is used in the medical world to prevent clots post surgery for example or to prevent thrombosis.  However stronger rodenticides also exists.  I am guessing as the victim felt nausea a day after these kids used the latter.  The situation could have been a lot worse, these kids are very lucky they are not being done for murder. 

#10 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,232 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 22 May 2014 - 13:42

even thought this could have turned out rather differently all i can think of is The Simpons and the whole boys will be boys stuff.

#11 Zlain

Zlain

Neowinian

• 878 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 13:49

even thought this could have turned out rather differently all i can think of is The Simpons and the whole boys will be boys stuff.

And that is exactly why people like you shouldn't be parents. 

#12 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,232 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 22 May 2014 - 14:41

And that is exactly why people like you shouldn't be parents. 

lol I was not stating that, that is how the judge should handle it, i was just saying that was what i thought of. I honestly think its horrible what those children did and perhaps they should do a little investigation on the parents to see if they are being treated well at home that they would think to do that to someone.

#13 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,481 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 22 May 2014 - 14:48

Stink palm evolved.

#14 _dandy_

_dandy_

Neowinian Senior

• 2,867 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 15:22

You're either being sarcastic or as shortsighted as these kids.

I take it nobody in your family is a teacher?

#15 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,101 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:08

You'd be proud that you'd raised a pair of psychopathic wannabe murderers of an innocent person?

:blink: I think we read different articles...

I guess it's possible that they didn't understand how dangerous their actions were, but still...how did they get access to the poison?

There's no way a 9 & 12 year old didn't understand the consequences of poisoning someone, unless they were severely retarded.