UK European Elections

Could you elaborate on the technology part, please? I didn't see anything in the Green Party's policies that made them seem anti-technology. On the car front, yes, they do come off a little anti-car with the reduction of speed limits in their transport policy, but their main focus seems to be on improving public transport to the point where people would choose that over driving themselves. On the flipside though, they'd want to abolish the car/road tax too and instead bring in "a purchase tax on new cars that reflects their emissions", which makes sense in my eyes; it's how road tax currently works, but it'd only affect anyone buying new cars and it'd give an extra incentive to buy electric cars, which are now arguably at the point where they're suitable enough for daily use for most drivers, with the initial cost still being the biggest hurdle.

Sorry to take this off topic a little but electric cars are not suitable for one simple reason, if I run out of gas a long trip,  I spend 5 minutes at a gas station and i can go for another few hundred miles, an Electric car runs out juice and it can take hours to get going again, problematic if you run out of gas en route to places like work, or an airport.

Back on topic, the results were supposed to be announced yesterday but I was unavailable does anyone know the final count?

Back on topic, the results were supposed to be announced yesterday but I was unavailable does anyone know the final count?

The final count's not in yet; still waiting on results from Northern Ireland. Scotland's been declared now. Six seats, two each went to the SNP and Labour, one each to the Tories and (as Lovell predicted) to UKIP. Only change was UKIP grabbing the seat from the Lib Dems, so that confirms the almost total wipeout of the Lib Dems in Europe; they entered with eleven MEPs and they're left with just one.

...and finally, after nearly two days of counting, Northern Ireland's declared. And it's exactly the same as before: three seats, one to Sinn F?in, one to the Democratic Unionist Party and one to the Ulster Unionist Party, all with the same MEPs. I know a transferrable voting system takes longer to count, but that was just ridiculous.  :s

So then, the absolute final results for the UK...

post-151617-0-99227900-1401226692.jpg