Idea to improve PS4 wireless

I would like to be able to use remote play effectively on my PS4 but i'm not able to hardwire it to my router. the PS4 wireless really is not that great. so i had an idea and was wondering if it was worth it to spend a bit of money and bring this idea together.

as I have an AC router I was thinking of getting a decent WiFi extender such as this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122590 and then plugging my PS4 into it with an ethernet cord.

would this be a viable solution or do you guys have any better ideas? that extender is pretty fairly priced and has good reviews. i'll probably pick it up if you guys think it's worth it. i've never worked with an extender before so was hoping for some opinions

I use a wireless bridge on mine, it helps, so I would recommend any decent bridge device, so long as you have a dual band router for my set up

(5ghz for the bridge then running wired to my ps4 and blu ray player)

How would that speed up your connection? If used as AP it would extend your coverage area, if used as Repeater it would extend your cover but /2 your bandwidth

So its seems wifi in ps4 is 2x2 2.4 N, You have a AC router now, what model - if you can not run a wire.. I would agree better option is Bridge -- is your router 3x3? Then a 3x3 bridge would be best AC.

Or look to powerline adapter as other option, most likely cheaper.

I second using a powerline adapter instead of wireless (assuming they work correctly on your home's electrical wiring & point to point cable route).

Or just run a CAT5?

What router do you have and how far away is the PS4, you shouldn't have any problems if the distance is reasonable.... Latest router firmware?

How would that speed up your connection? If used as AP it would extend your coverage area, if used as Repeater it would extend your cover but /2 your bandwidth

So its seems wifi in ps4 is 2x2 2.4 N, You have a AC router now, what model - if you can not run a wire.. I would agree better option is Bridge -- is your router 3x3? Then a 3x3 bridge would be best AC.

Or look to powerline adapter as other option, most likely cheaper.

I have the Linksys WRT1900 router.

as for a good bridge do you have any recommendations?

i don't really know too much about powerline adapters. i've heard they can be slower than wireless. if that's not true then it might be worth looking into as well

edit: after a bit of looking around, i still come back to the idea of using this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122590 as a bridge and not as an extender (since it has an ethernet port on it). would that be feasible or would it still be better to get a device that's specifically for a bridge?

for powerline adapters i found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704200

Or just run a CAT5?

unfortunately that isn't an option as i'm in a rented town home

If that device can be used as bridge then sure - its still only 2x2

Where does it say it can be a bridge?

• Two WiFi Modes
    Repeater mode to boost existing WiFi. Access Point mode to create new AC WiFi access.

What is your internet speed?  That powerline here shows http://www.avforums.com/review/tp-link-tl-pa6010kit-powerline-adaptor-review.9349 it could do 170Mbps down and 158Mps up

While your router shows only
    post-14624-0-22433900-1400804550.jpg

Your PS4 is only 2x2 2.4 N, even with 40mhz channels max you could do is 300 RAW total, that is if your using 400ns guard internal - if your mixed with G that is not going to happen.  So more like 270 RAW max.. Now I don't know what your internet speed is..  Keep in mind that is RAW, do a /2 to put you more in the ball park at the BEST..  Is it over 100mbps?  I still say you will have more bandwidth, less issues and more stable with wired connection - ie the powerlines.  Keep in mind while your playing games do you have other wireless sharing your bandwidth?

Here is the bottom line, it is always better to go with a wire - ALWAYS!!  since you can not run a true wire, the best you can do is powerline.  I have not been able to do a full battery of tests as of yet with my new unifi AC AP and 3x3 pce-ac68 card.  But I did see a quick test of 271Mbps with iperf to my server..  That was on AC (5ghz) 80mhz channels with 3x3 and connection listed at 1300 with AC.. On a wire I see 800+  to the same server.  Why and the world would I use wireless ;)

Those powerline you linked to where 10$ less and from the benchmarks I could look up are double in speed..