Remote Desktop Connection help

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 OP Scraggles

Scraggles

RootLeak

Posted 23 May 2014 - 15:26

So where is it you are seeing RDP FPS?

How do you get this info, I show on my connection only this.

attachicon.gifconnectioninfoRDP.png

So with TV, again I don't show any FPS info - are you trying to watch videos or something over these connections?

attachicon.giftvnofps.png

Is there some command you are doing that I am not aware of to show this FPS info?

Fraps shows it for me.

#17 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 106
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 15:44

Ok I don't understand how that is relevant for a remote desktop session to be honest.

I installed fraps, fired up remote desktop and it showed 1 fps when not doing anything.. And then if I moved a window or something it went up.. FPS might be a useful measurement if watching a video. But working with a desktop unless your moving something around its pretty much meaningless -- its a static picture, so fps would be 0 ;)

#18 OP Scraggles

Scraggles

RootLeak

Posted 23 May 2014 - 15:46

Ok I don't understand how that is relevant for a remote desktop session to be honest.

I installed fraps, fired up remote desktop and it showed 1 fps when not doing anything.. And then if I moved a window or something it went up.. FPS might be a useful measurement if watching a video. But working with a desktop unless your moving something around its pretty much meaningless -- its a static picture, so fps would be 0 ;)

to show 0fps the screen would have to be off. A static picture is 1fps by default :)

#19 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 106
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 16:16

Ok - but you get my point ;)

So again what are you using for your comparison between TV and RDP.. Are you connecting from outside, or just lan? TV has lan option for example - there are all kinds of display and quality tweaks for both systems. For example you say stuff teleports - on my RDP session, which I have set to automatic when I move window I get a frame showing the window to where I will move it.

movewindow.png

While on TV I see the window contents as I move it about the screen.

If I manually set RDP settings then I can pick to have it show the contents of the window as I move it

options.png

#20 Atlanowl

Atlanowl

Neowinian

Posted 27 May 2014 - 19:11

How would I remotely connect to a pc using Remote Desktop Connection from outside of the network? 

For example, the address inside the network is "192.168.1.100" and that is all I need to enter for the pc name. How would I connect to that pc from a friends house for example?

There was a similar discussion on Spiceworks community http://community.spi...or-remote-sites that might be helpful.  

#21 frett

frett

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 June 2014 - 15:03

Not only can you setup custom RDP ports, you can set up a different one for each PC on your network using port forwarding in your router.