Lumia 1520 Camera stopped working

Today the camera stopped working on my Lumia 1520 with WP8.1 dev preview. I opened it up to take a photo and it was staticy, so I backed out and relaunched Nokia Camera and all I got was a black screen. I switched to the stock WP Camera app and it was black as well. There was options on the screen to switch between Video, Still shot, and Burst, however none of them had the option to record or take a picture. Its almost as though it doesn't have access to the camera hardware anymore.

I tried restarting and it didn't fix anything. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nokia Camera and nothing. I finally tried a full phone reset and it still doesn't work. Anyone here heard of this before? I found a thread or two while searching with people having what sounds like similar problems but there were not many replies.

P.S. since doing a reset there are no longer notifications on my Glance screen either, no email icon for unread mail, no alarm indicator, just the clock :s

It sounds more like a hardware issue or firmware.  If it originally worked without issues then I doubt it's the app or just software.