Favorite flavor of tea?

I like a few different oolongs, and green teas.    I am actually learning how to appreciate a pu-erh teas too, both cooked and uncooked.

But I love a good quality black earl grey with lemon and cane sugar. It is simply the best.

Tulsi teas from Organic India are nice too, though the best once are only the Ginger one and the Chai one.

Some quality green loose tea leafs are best rinsed and then put in a jar of cold water in a fridge for 12 hours.   The best most gentle way to get the nice flavor out of them with 0 bitterness.  But I mean the loose leafs, not the crappy chopped up tiny pieces you get in tea bags.  The leaves should be at least like that

dragonwell-tea-z.jpg

Or like that:

1966765-315690-pearl-green-tea-loose-lea

and NOT like that:

Leaves_of_green_tea.jpg

So you can put them in cold water and easily strain them, with no smaller particles staying in the water!

Never knew they were loose leaves!

Liptons black I guess :/

F-ton of sugar dissolved in water, with chemically recreated aroma of something that's almost, but not quite entirely unlike raspberries.

That is, Pickwick's flavored stuff. Raspberry's my favorite, but others can do, too. Or sometimes Loyd, especially lemon, with their superfancy tea bags which probably cost more than the helping of dirt inside them, if I had been going to the shop that stocks them. Sugar level is directly proportional to my stress levels, but there's always at least 3 teaspoons for my stupidly large (400 ml) cup. Can't stand the little posers with their little porcelain teacups that barely hold a single spit, you know.

Black with cranberry juice or mango juice,

green with honey or cranbery juice

earl grey by itself

I responded with yes, she came through with Mint Tea... With Milk... I sat there and politely drank it...

the horror.     was it at least Black mint tea?   Still bad with milk but at least not horror that is Mint tea with milk.

Ok, here is the final overview of what I drink.

After checking my cabinet, I have about 5 teas exported directly from china and 3 from japan  (greens, pu erhs, and oolongs)

However I love quality Earl Grey (Black) the best and it is the one that runs out the fastest. 

I try to find the one with orange and lemon peels too, in case i dont have fresh lemons when i brew it. This is the only tea I put sugar in!

Second place goes to Jasmine Dragon Pearls (Green).  Amazing aroma! Quite expensive if quality.

Third is the Milk Oolong!  It tastes SMOOTH and creamy, even though there should be no milk involved in production! Could be very expensive.

after that, all the rest of teas are not used very often at all.   Though I love fennel/chamomile/peppermint mix before bed, if i ate too much crap.

for cold water brewing i use Edible Green Tea (http://www.eatgreentea.com/shop/edible-green-tea-whole-leaves/)

- since it is the cleanest and purest one (it is designed to be eaten whole, not just being brewed, so i figure it is top quality)

Cooked Pu-erh teas can give you a huge energy buzz (speed) and are good for hangovers. and Da Hong Pao can make you feel a buzz like you are high (weed),

But the quality varieties are extremely expensive and hard to find.   Even from the origin land exports, I did not get the same effect from the teas I ordered every time.

But if you are interested in a different feelings then just the coffeine boost, you might want to look into them too.

• Like 2

Pretty partial to Pickwick Green tea with Lemon flavour atm, and it's supposedly also good for you! :D

Jasmine is by far my favorite.  A usual rule of thumb is the bigger the leaves, the higher the grade of tea.  The dust you find in tea bags are simply the leftovers after all the leaves have been filtered out.  

• 4 weeks later...

Bigelow's Earl Gray Green Tea