72% of UK/74% of US gamers prefer buying physical games

Totally agree! I like having the physical medium for pc and or console.  Its a tangible and collectible commodity for what I have paid for, in as much the same way I prefer to pay for the magazine RetroGamer in paper version

I'm sure if eveyone had 100Mb Internet minimum, no one would care.

I have a 100Mbit connection, I still buy mostly physical disc games for consoles.

• Like 3

I'm sure if eveyone had 100Mb Internet minimum, no one would care.

still no good if the server you're downloading from capped their upload to 20 kbs :p

i demand physical media for non multiplayer games,

but i would almost seeks for patches so said media wont be needed in my drive when i play the game.

I prefer physical copy, but getting a physical copy is nigh impossible these days.

I have a 100mb connection, but the only things I buy digital are things I know I'm going to replay. Physical is still King purely from being able to resell or trade in.

I'd prefer to go all digital, it's just unfortunate that the costs make it seem like a bad idea. They've really gotta bring down the prices to have parity with the physical. It makes no sense for Titanfall to be ?55 digital or ?39 physical, as an example

Unless the game is available only digitally (Basically eShop exclusive titles) I will buy physical for my 3DS, whereas I happily purchase from Steam when on my PC.

When bored with game you can then sell it with all the bits it came retailed with.

If you downloaded it it's then worth NOWT!

• Like 2

I only buy physical games if they come with a digital code (i.e. Steam, Battle.net) and if they're cheaper than buying direct from the digital store. The last physical-only game I bought was nine years ago and that was Battlefield 2.

is this a reliable source?

seems like with steam, mobile, even digital distribution on console - it should be the other way around. 

Used to prefer physical media, but this was back when I was on a really slow connection too. Nowadays, unless I'm buying my daughter something for the 3DS or her Wii when obviously there's no choice, I'm a much bigger fan of click-click-done, can always burn off a copy later if I need a physical image. Stack of discs is a lot cheaper than the gas to drive to a store. Once in a very long while I'll buy a collectors edition that has something physical I want.. but that's like once or twice every few years, tops.

It would be interesting to see the # of homes that have <10Gbs Internet service. I would imagine the numbers would be close to mirrored if not an even higher percentage for those without really high speed Internet.

I prefer physical to downloading Gigabytes over 6Gbs. Of course, it's a toss up when you consider PC games are distributed on DVD. Sometimes I'll start a download for a couple days over load 5-6 DVDs.

If games were distributed on cheap flash I'd be willing to pay an extra $10 for a 32-64GB flash with download option if it fails. Of course I'd also pay an extra $5 if they included a Bluray but that's not feasible considering the low number of PC owners with a Bluray drive.

• Like 1

Doesn't say anything about how they performed the survey. Which could skew it radically in one or the other direction depending on how it was done.