72% of UK/74% of US gamers prefer buying physical games

This is not acceptable in this day and age. If it's free then that's one thing, but i have a sneaking suspicion you actually pay for that :(

I thought BT was good, they have 1Gb/s on their site i think. How big are the British Isles do they think? It's not REALLY Westeros, someone needs to tell them it's same to send the crews to put in FTTx, no white walkers will attack them. 

Nobody wants to front the cost it would take to roll out fibre etc. It's pretty much a standstill and the ISPs are happy to let it continue. They can charge extortionate rates to those with either few options or rinse the super fast connections in the cities because of the "exclusivity", while capping it like crazy.

Never mind you've got environmentalists now blaming the wide spread floods and fallen trees during storms on the implementation of broadband. It has nothing to do with their ridiculous agriculture sweeps and removing acres of forest, oh no...

Welcome to the UK!

Nobody wants to front the cost it would take to roll out fibre etc. It's pretty much a standstill and the ISPs are happy to let it continue. They can charge extortionate rates to those with either few options or rinse the super fast connections in the cities because of the "exclusivity", while capping it like crazy.

Never mind you've got environmentalists now blaming the wide spread floods and fallen trees during storms on the implementation of broadband. It has nothing to do with their ridiculous agriculture sweeps and removing acres of forest, oh no...

Welcome to the UK!

Broadband is to blame for floods? Guess it's the same logic as steam engines responsible for the pox. So there is a huge divide between cities and the country...this is surprising. I know folks in Greater London (St. Albans to be exact), and they have fast connections. This is pure connecitivity discrimination, and something the government needs to subsidize to overcome.

No wonder though when you have the RDA managing you regional development :D

rda.jpg