So I switched from iOS to Android

More specifically, iPhone to GS5.

And ever since I'm wondering...why did it take me so long? Loving the entire experience at the moment and can't believe I haven't switched before now. Although it took a bit of getting used to, definitely happy I made the switch. Anyone else recently switched as I have and thought the same?

did the opposite: i switched from android to ios and im quite happy about it. i mostly enjoy the smaller form factor. the 5s is really a nice device. 

I switched from Android to WP :p! I honestly think that all 3 platforms are good, I used to be an Android elitist, and I still am an Apple hater but I can't deny that iOS is good. It really just depends on what you're looking for and I'm glad that you've found that one that feels best to you :)! 

• Like 2

due to a phone failure, i'm currently using a blackberry curve for the time being; and i would swap any of the above operating systems, on any phone for it.  suffice to say, i would also swap it for two tins and a piece of string.

• Like 3

I've played around with iOS, but it's just so limited compared with Android. As is Windows Phone. I couldn't ever imagine using either on a daily basis.

I've played around with iOS, but it's just so limited compared with Android. As is Windows Phone. I couldn't ever imagine using either on a daily basis.

Same here, and I started on BB, Android is the only one that allowed me top use my device as I wanted to 

Found out the other day on IOS you can't pick which email you send from if you are pulling mail into the server from another POP.   I have quite a few business customer who don't use Apple because of this.  They pull their work email into a Gmail account that has a much higher limit.  When you use the Gmail on android you can pick the original email account (name@company.com instead of name@gmail.com) as the sent from.  On IOS you can't.  Such a simple feature.  They don't want email going to the gmail account, just the primary so it won't get fragmented across two accounts.

I've been on Android since my first smartphone and I don't think I could ever break away. I'm experienced with iOS after having an iPod Touch 2G but I felt it was too limited. I also hate that once Apple decide that your device is too old, you never get another update, and there's nothing you can do. With most Android phones however, if the manufacturer stops supporting your phone, you're able to update it yourself with custom ROMs. Windows Phone is something that I don't really like the look of, personally. I hate Microsoft's metro design, which is the reason why I downgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 7. I can see metro working well on a tablet however, but it just doesn't cut it on a desktop. It maybe OK on a phone, I've never tried it other than using 7Launcher on Android.