nVidia GRID Workspace - Virtualized Gaming?!

It is now official - the limits on what can be done with virtualization are down to the theoretical, and this can be said with a straight face.

Why can I say that?  I have an nVidia GRID virtual workspace doing things I can't do on my physical desktop at all.

Not "can only do with difficulty" - but "can't do at all".

One of the demo applications that GRID Workspace includes is the nVidia "A New Dawn" technology demo.  While I've heard of it, my existing nVidia hardware (GTX550Ti) can't run it.

Even scarier, you can install any application you own in your Workspace - the limit is simply the size of the Workspace.

The Workspace itself is rather straightforward - as far as your applications are concerned, it is installing and running on a seriously-silly-end Windows 7 PC.

At some point today, I WILL be throwing more software at the Workspace (including seeing if game demos can run on it).

Let's be honest - the limits of virtualization have been typically defined by the limits of the machine hosting the Workspace (NOT the server powering the Workspace, but the desktop at the end), primarily due to lag.

If the lag can be dealt with, the uses for virtualization become limitless.

UPDATE - Okay - some whole GAMES can be installed in the Workspace; I'm installing DC Universe Online (a free-to-play MMO I already have an account on) in the Workspace.  (This is expressly permitted by the rules of both game and Workspace, though it DOES seriously stretch the limits of what virtualization is supposed to be capable of.)

Edited by PGHammer