Neowin theme for the Mac. What do you all think?

I've been building a theme with the Flavours application for the Mac that takes on the Neowin colours. What's the opinion on this? Despite being for the Mac I wanted it displayed here in the OS Customization sub forum. Feel free to move it as a mod if it's inappropriate for this sub forum.

I like Neowin a lot even though I'm using a Mac. I also have access to a PC with Windows 8.1.1 but that sits idle most of the time.

Screenshot of the theme is attached to this post.

What you see is the menu drop down as it would appear upon push and the menu pops out from the Finder or any other app that Flavours supports.

And I've activated the hover states on the close, minimise and maximise.

The "Ice Cream" window is a representation of the Finder window(similar to Explorer on Windows)

post-151094-0-27003800-1401020018.png

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I essentially wanted the colorscheme of Neowin to be put into a theme. And to answer your first question; because I can and wanted to.

• Like 1

Why do you want your mac to look like a website?  

I will second this. The OS interface should be different from a website's one. 

I will second this. The OS interface should be different from a website's one. 

And why is that?

And why is that?

They serve very different purposes, and many paradigms used will not hold true cross purpose.

But if all we are talking here is colour scheme, then fair play.

Obviously, but he's not changing the way the whole OS functions, it's just a theme!

It can be based on anything the guy likes. That's kinda the whole point of customisation, no?

• Like 2

And why is that?

I'm only saying that it's "historically accepted convention", so to say, that OS looks different from a website. I don't know why. Perhaps, because software interfaces have taken the path we know now. 

i just saw ice cream, flavours and toppings and will now go get ice cream. So for that OP I thank you.

Obviously, but he's not changing the way the whole OS functions, it's just a theme!

It can be based on anything the guy likes. That's kinda the whole point of customisation, no?

The OS interface should be different from a website's one.

Is what was said.  Not colour scheme, but interface.

Yep, pretty surprised at the derpage going on here.

To which you are very much a contributor.

Questions were asked, answers were given.  Get over it!

I should have been careful with the naming scheme. And the posting. And the reason for being a member.  So could some mod please rename the thread to "Not possible to be reason for Neowin colour scheme to a theme that is remotely guaranteed not likely to be a please to everyone. I love LOLCATS and two plus two equals four and so much thereafter"

Hehe

Actually I'm glad that you guys comment on this - despite me not having matched the colour as one commenter wrote. That's on my cape.

Edit:

And I did ask for opinions? I thank you for those comments. The redesign will no doubt be great(I haven't read anything related to that yet but now I'll go scour the site for info)

And someone even using a theme that looks like this? All the power to them. I feel that it's soothing. The colourscheme is very relaxing to have throughout the OS.

Let me throw in one last smiley to signal the level of communication I'm typing this:  :D

One has to be ninja-like and be careful on the Neowin.net  :shiftyninja:

Edit.. removed some things that could lead the thread off course.

To which you are very much a contributor.

Questions were asked, answers were given.  Get over it!

Stop playing dumb, read the very first line of the OP.

The first question to be asked, was a stupid one.

The next guy was even worse.

The only thing that needs getting over is yourself.

EDIT: Sorry that your thread got crapped on, allan. Some people just love pissing in others cornflakes.

Stop playing dumb, read the very first line of the OP.

The first question to be asked, was a stupid one.

The next guy was even worse.

The only thing that needs getting over is yourself.

Yes dear, of course dear...

I should have been careful with the naming scheme. And the posting. And the reason for being a member.  So could some mod please rename the thread to "Not possible to be reason for Neowin colour scheme to a theme that is remotely guaranteed not likely to be a please to everyone. I love LOLCATS and two plus two equals four and so much thereafter"

Actually I'm glad that you guys comment on this - despite me not having matched the colour as one commenter wrote. That's on my cape.

And someone even using a theme that looks like this? All the power to them. I feel that it's soothing. The colourscheme is very relaxing to have throughout the OS.

Of course there had to be a commenter who drags the whole theming thing to a halt with a particular Windows 3.11 colour scheme. :woot:  Thanks but no thanks. There once was a thriving community geared towards Windows XP theming. Is that how you all see attempts at that later on? As a red-yellow sort of mish mash?   :cry:

Let me throw in one last smiley to signal the level of communication I'm typing this:  :D

One has to be ninja-like and be careful on the Neowin.net  :shiftyninja:

I liked your theme. I just can't use it because I'm a Windows user. :laugh:

EDIT: Sorry that your thread got crapped on, allan. Some people just love pissing in others cornflakes.

I did think that it crazy how that got derailed - but it's just a reminder that one should be careful in these waters.

I edited my own comment because it could possibly get things off course. 

:)

I liked your theme. I just can't use it because I'm a Windows users. :laugh:

oh yeah, I appreciate the like. Thank you. I get overly excited when people comment. So the need to comment myself quickly arises.