23 posts in this topic

Frozen has become the fifth highest-grossing movie of all time worldwide, after reaching nearly $1.22 billion.

The animated musical is now the second-highest grossing movie for Disney, just behind The Avengers. The Marvel superhero epic is third on the overall list, after making $1.5 billion globally.

It has also overtaken Iron Man 3 in the chart. The Robert Downey Jr film took $1.2 billion during its run, and is now left in the sixth spot, while Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is in fourth with $1.34 billion.

Frozen has already become the highest-grossing animated film of all time, surpassing Toy Story 3, which took $1.06 billion worldwide.

It is also currently the third-highest grossing Western film of all time in Japan and has been ranked number one at the Japanese box office for 11 weeks running, reports Variety.

Disney has recently announced that Frozen is being adapted into a live ice skating stage show, which will begin touring in September 2014. A Broadway adaptation is also in development.

Source

There must be 20 Disney animated movies that are better than Frozen! It was a decent film and was a visual gem, but these records are insane.

3 people like this

They spent a lot of effort localizing it. There are multiple versions of the songs in different languages.

First Wreck-it Ralph, then Frozen. Disney are on a roll.

I actually ended up watching it and I was quite disappointed.  I guess I am faaaaar from target audience,   but I loved a whole bunch of Disney movies a whole lot more.

Damn you for getting "Let it Go" stuck in my head.

The irony of that song being stuck in my head is not lost on me.

Edit: Now I've got that snowman song stuck in my head as well. How convenient that there is snow on the ground outside...  

1 person likes this

When I read the title I almost spit my coffee because I thought of this movie. As for the Disney movie, haven't seen it.

Aww crap. I thought you are referring it to the horror movie of the same name, "Frozen" (about 3 friends who get stuck on a chairlift at night with wolves roaming down below).

I'm not surprised, the whole family loves it here

just for the hell of it...

1 person likes this

I hadn't heard of it until now

1 person likes this

I hadn't heard of it until now

ea582baa005aeb56ed46063ebe3e9351c5edd5e7

2 people like this

Never heard of it either.

'Frozen has already become the highest-grossing animated film of all time, surpassing Toy Story 3, which took $1.06 billion worldwide.'

Okay, but ticket prices have increased since then.

Do you live under a rock?

I consume media with care.

I haven't heard of it either until now.

But since it's animated, no interest to see it.

1 person likes this

Doubt it's better than Lion King! best Cartoon movie thing ever!

I havent seen or heard of this movie either, or any other Disney movies that came out in the recent years.

1 person likes this

My kids and I much prefer Wreck-it-Ralph. 8-bits win over eurovision song entries.

I was not too fond of it. It was nice... but that's it.

I enjoyed it, good classic Disney style movie. Not sure why it gets such apathy here as it's a fun family movie

Never heard of it either.

'Frozen has already become the highest-grossing animated film of all time, surpassing Toy Story 3, which took $1.06 billion worldwide.'

Okay, but ticket prices have increased since then.

Even if you adjust for inflation, it's still solidly in the Top 10. Frozen is a complete juggernaut, this isn't even taking into account merchandise and home video sales.

Wow, seeing some of the replies posted, I'm afraid to ask about Starchaser, the legend of Orin :p

I didn't care for it that much either. However, I think the soundtrack is pretty stellar and is what did it for many.

I'm a 26 year old grown ass man and I'll be jamming to Let It Go...

1 person likes this

I?m a sucker for Disney/Pixar/DreamWorks animated films 2D or 3D. What can I say, the kid in me still lives strong.

The only problem with Frozen, entertaining as it may be, is that unlike our kids VHS tapes the grandkids BR's never-wear-out.

I leave their homes with that music pinging between my ears the rest of the day.

The only problem with Frozen, entertaining as it may be, is that unlike our kids VHS tapes the grandkids BR's never-wear-out.

I leave their homes with that music pinging between my ears the rest of the day.

Just let it go...

1 person likes this