17 posts in this topic

Michael C Hall has revealed that he has never watched the final episode of Dexter.

The Cold in July star told The Daily Beast that he found the controversial finale "narratively satisfying", but conceded that some fans were displeased with Dexter's ultimate fate.

"Maybe some people... wanted a happy ending for him, either a happy ending or a more definitive sense of closure," he said.

"They wanted him to die or something, but I think the fact that he's sort of exiled in a prison of his own making is - for my money - pretty fitting."

Dexter concluded in September 2013 after eight seasons, with the eponymous serial killer living in seclusion as a lumberjack.

Hall suggested that the Showtime drama may have "lost a certain amount of torque" the longer it stayed on the air.

"Just inherently because of how long we'd done it," he explained. "Because of the storytelling capital we'd spent, because our writers may have been gassed."

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Hall stated that "the way [the finale] was executed was maybe less than optimal" and earmarked Dexter's fourth season as a series highpoint.

"If we ended at the fourth season, that would have been a pretty bad-ass ending," he said.

Source

I guess he's saying what everyone's been thinking.

Fifth season should have focused on the aftermath of season 4 finale and the implications of it and the very real possibility of Dexter getting caught, and it should have been the last one. Instead, they made the show about Dexter's love life. AWFUL.

1 person likes this

I guess he's saying what everyone's been thinking.

Fifth season should have focused on the aftermath of season 4 finale and the implications of it and the very real possibility of Dexter getting caught, and it should have been the last one. Instead, they made the show about Dexter's love life. AWFUL.

Yeah I refuse to acknowledge later seasons tbh

1 person likes this

That final season sucked some serious balls.

3 people like this

Was the finale perfect? No. But on the whole, Dexter was still a great series.

I'm sure glad to be one of those people who look for the positive in things, as opposed to being a negative Nelly day after day after day.   :D

2 people like this

Was the finale perfect? No. But on the whole, Dexter was still a great series.

I'm sure glad to be one of those people who look for the positive in things, as opposed to being a negative Nelly day after day after day.   :D

It isn't about being a negative nelly, it is about watching a show for eight seasons, 96+ hours, and expecting a half decent ending to the story. But we didn't even get that, we got one of the worst, if not the worst, ending possible.

They should have ended it on a high after the fourth season and before the writers started drinking so heavily.

Dexter was great series but the final was rubbish, i would have preferred them focusing on the link dexter had with his sister debs, her death should have sparked a frenzy in dexter, it would have been quite an interesting twist if he killed pretty much most of the police department where he worked, they could do a MASH kind of thing, through his eyes perhaps he acting normal, but the camera pans out to show a bloodbath and him becoming what he was always scared of a psycho, of course the cherry on the cake would have been his execution, i say this not wanting dexter killed but i would liked the series to have finished finished and not had any way to continue on with Dexter, a beginning and an end.

As many said, great show, last season kinder dragged and the actual ending was pants, however. Ending goes, it sets it up for more seasons if they wish... and you know they probably will!

personally i don't think that they will make any more seasons, and totally agree the earlier seasons were way better and the ending of the final season wasn't an ending so much as a "I give up writing story lines" ending.

I liked Season 5 but hated Season 6 - after that it just never recovered. As for the finale, it was pretty terrible.

As many said, great show, last season kinder dragged and the actual ending was pants, however. Ending goes, it sets it up for more seasons if they wish... and you know they probably will!

It will never return

It will never return

Really? i heard from the guy him self from a website that he was open to idea's.

1 person likes this

Season 5 was the last good one. Season 4 was fantastic. The finale was horrible.

1 person likes this

Really? i heard from the guy him self from a website that he was open to idea's.

Maybe one day as a spin off with the son, that might be quite good

I didn't watch more than 1 or 2 episodes of the final season and still have no interest in finishing it. So I guess that means I'm in the "it sucked" group.

I didn't watch more than 1 or 2 episodes of the final season and still have no interest in finishing it. So I guess that means I'm in the "it sucked" group.

But but..Yvonne Strahovski...

Season 7 was good minus the Hannah scenes. The beginning and end of S7 were VERY good IMO. But yeah Season 8 was just bleh.