I got in but literally took forever to download the client on PS4 so never got a chance to check it out. Will hopefully be able to do so over the next couple of days, although the new Dead Rising 3 DLC is amazingly fun so that may take precedence. 

tried the beta....pretty unimpressed. it seems extremely half-assed, like someone tried to make a payday mode for bf4 lol.

Anyone would think it was a beta ;)

Signed up for the beta with both my origin accounts. No email. No invite. Awww :/

The E3 craze and the beta and the sale mean you've probably just got a delay on the process.  Mine took somewhere between four and eight hours to show up IIRC.

Anyone would think it was a beta ;)

I'd like to agree, but based on my past experience with betas from EA (including BF4), there's usually not many major changes from the beta build to the final. This game needs a huge overhaul to be any good IMO.

I would accept this as a $15-20 BF4 expansion like Vietnam from BC2, but a $60 game? no way!

Very underwhelming, basically comes down to this: It's a reskinned BF4, different maps, weapon tweaks, different gameplay modes etc, not seeing how this took 18 months of work to do.  

Given that this was probably based off of BF4 they probably spent more time just getting it to work properly than actually making it that different.

Played it yesterday for about 20 minutes. Its the same old Battlefield with 2 new game modes, (cops vs robbers) at least that is how it plays out to me. 
Not impressed at all, won't be buying this. 

The E3 craze and the beta and the sale mean you've probably just got a delay on the process. Mine took somewhere between four and eight hours to show up IIRC.

Almost certainly true - found the invite waiting (it was sent to me on Friday; I had registered as soon as I heard about it). I'm installing it as I type this.

Besides, it's still early (which is why only one map) - didn't Crysis 2 AND Crysis 3 have only one MP map each at first? (I was in both MP betas.)

I signed up with both my origin accounts (one is PC, the other Playstation/Xbox). No email yet with a download link/code though

The link will be via your Origin client/account - no key needed. (The way betas SHOULD be on existing game services - Valve and Steam; take notice.)

Unfortunately, their login server is hammered :(.

Of COURSE it's getting hammered - it's a Battlefield beta. The BF4 beta caused the same sort of hammerage - how soon we forget.

The odd part (for me) is that I actually have two existing Battlefield games to compare it to - with a grand total cost (to me) of zilch, thanks to previous EA promotions.

To me it just feels like a Free-To-Play version of Battlefield.

That actually exists (Battlefield Play4Free) - however, that title is based on BF1942, which is now free itself.

If that is the case, rather cornball on EA's part, let alone the developer.

• Like 1

Seems more fitting as BF4 DLC. Not a seperate game.

I too am not impressed from the beta. It works, but it feels a bit sluggish compared to BF4 when running around and the new game modes dont really seem to work very well.

By which I mean 1 or 2 people actually know what to do, rest just faff about till the rounds over.

Cant see myself buying this full price or even buying it at all, yet.