344 posts in this topic

Pregnant woman, stoned to death in Pakistan

Well if God told me to do this I'd tell him no as we have different ideas on 'honour'  :angry:

"Last year two teenage girls were murdered alongside their mother in Pakistan ? for apparently dishonouring their family by allowing themselves to be filmed playing and dancing in the rain. "  :argh:      :cry:

What a backwards and retarded country. I say country and not just their government because the public elected their leader(s) in Pakistan presumably.

What a backwards and retarded country. I say country and not just their government because the public elected their leader(s) in Pakistan presumably.

You mean backwards and barbaric religion.

7 people like this

You mean backwards and barbaric religion.

Problem is state and religion are much more joined than in the West. Also Pakistan is essentially a one religion state, baffling that the vast majority in the country sign up to the religion which backs this.

2 people like this

Shame on those people who killed her. Disgusting and Ignorance. They should follow Islam.

1 person likes this

Pathetic, ashamed of myself, and my countrymen.

And the thing is, this is news because this happened outside a courthouse. In the rural villages, this is the norm, and daily life... and no one likes to talk about it....  :angry:

5 people like this

They should follow Islam.

Uh...

4 people like this

Pathetic, ashamed of myself, and my countrymen.

And the thing is, this is news because this happened outside a courthouse. In the rural villages, this is the norm, and daily life... and no one likes to talk about it....  :angry:

Where are the police officers man? How the hell they killed the lady? On what basis?

Shame on those people who killed her. Disgusting and Ignorance. They should follow Islam.

Well, they are following Islam, its their version of it.

Uh...

He is actually right, and wrong... In Pakistan, Islam has diversified into so many branches, every person you met has a different belief, and everyone follows Islam. There are Muslims who have spent their entire life serving humanity, and then there are people who kill others just because they do not agree with you. It has become so intense that when I go out, I just agree to what the other person is saying to avoid any conflict. If my belief was to become public (local) knowledge, I would be beheaded.

Where are the police officers man? How the hell they killed the lady? On what basis?

Not even police comes when there is an angry mob, as your from Pakistan, you should know that... When an entire city can come together and kill two teenage boys on the street, and then drag them behind cars, how can you not expect this? The basis was that the women married her love.

2 people like this

Mazhar - are you going to pretend to be that blind to the atrocities that are conducted under the name of your own religion?  Really, you expect that to be taken seriously?

He is actually right, and wrong... In Pakistan, Islam has diversified into so many branches, every person you met has a different belief, and everyone follows Islam. There are Muslims who have spent their entire life serving humanity, and then there are people who kill others just because they do not agree with you. It has become so intense that when I go out, I just agree to what the other person is saying to avoid any conflict. If my belief was to become public (local) knowledge, I would be beheaded.

I understand this.  As he does also.  He is playing blind to the fact that the word "Islam" is used in many ways by many different people.

2 people like this

They are, thats why this happened.

Mazhar - are you going to pretend to be that blind to the atrocities that are conducted under the name of your own religion?  Really, you expect that to be taken seriously?

I understand this.  As he does also.  He is playing blind to the fact that the word "Islam" is used in many ways by many different people.

They all do this. Act like nothing is going on. To me they are just as guilty as the ones who throw the rocks.

3 people like this

Stay classy Pakistan!

4 people like this

They all do this. Act like nothing is going on. To me they are just as guilty as the ones who throw the rocks.

I assure you I am not like those freak who threw the stones, and I accept that we are one of the worst bunch out there. Though I do not act locally, only on internet. The reason is simple, there is so much extremism here that if I even try, I will be dead. The last two persons I know of that tried to help the minorities, or tried to speak up were shot dead. One was the Chief Minister of the largest province in Pakistan (Punjab), shot dead by his own security personnel, the other was a minister of Religious Affairs.

Believe it or not, there are good people in Pakistan who try to live and make a difference one drop at a time, because honestly, thats all we can do right now. If I die, who will take care of my 4 yr old, or my wife, in a society where they widows are looked at as wh*r*e trying to find a catch.

9 people like this

I would also like to add this:

"Stoned to death" does not paint the correct picture.  We've all seen "The Life Of Brian" - where the woman is to be stoned.  The image is being pelted with stones, right?

As per the article, this woman died from massive head injury after having her head caved in with bricks.  Put that into perspective, she will have likely also suffered brain injuries.  I want everyone here to picture a pregnant woman, no longer even able to coherently yell out in pain.  No longer able to scream about the mental anguish of knowing her unborn child will die.  No able to defend herself, because he brain has been damaged so badly.  Seeing her own blood and feeling the pain of bricks impacting her head.

Yes it's disgusting, yes it's depraved - but we should accommodate that image and let it sink in.

So next time we see "Stoned to death" we don't picture mock images from a comedy but the disgusting truth of a bunch of bullies killing a woman, in a premeditated and deliberately violent yet prolonged attack that causes both physical and mental damage.

Yay ######ing Islam!

11 people like this

Sorry but they did, it's sad that it seems us infidels know more about your religion than you do 

6 people like this

I assure you I am not like those freak who threw the stones

Of course you're not.  Moreover, you don't deny them either.

Mazhar seems to operate in a bubble where Islam is all good and peaceful.  It is disgusting.  By denying events like this are linked to Islam he is making a fool of himself.

2 people like this

Yay ####ing Islam!

Like I said, there are good and bad in every religion, there are more bad in Islam and I agree to that. You have your right to say anything you like, but saying stuff like that and hurting the good, what does that make you? Anyways, if you feel like saying it no one can stop you. Just wanted to let you know that I accept the realities, but it hurt me, and I never did anything to you, or anyone else.

2 people like this

You have your right to say anything you like, but saying stuff like that and hurting the good, what does that make you?

What does it make me?  A voice.  A voice that says this is way beyond the line and that enough is enough.  I am not saying Islam is rotten to the core, but let's take Christianity - held accountable now for decades over the crap it pulled in the past, and is only now reforming.  Let's do the same with Islam - no more denial, no more "turning the other cheek".

It shouldn't hurt you, it should rally you to make your religion do better.

4 people like this

What does it make me?  A voice.  A voice that says this is way beyond the line and that enough is enough.  I am not saying Islam is rotten to the core, but let's take Christianity - held accountable now for decades over the crap it pulled in the past, and is only now reforming.  Let's do the same with Islam - no more denial, no more "turning the other cheek".

It shouldn't hurt you, it should rally you to make your religion do better.

You are right, and I know that. I was born into Islam, and raised to love it, and I do have a heart, so that hurts, but I get your point.

4 people like this

They should follow Islam.

They do, that's the problem, a religion that teaches it's ok to lash out at people who don't share the same beliefs as you, very violently in this case.

4 people like this

Future generations will look back and see just how silly we were "following silly religions which have caused more deaths and suffering than anything else"

3 people like this

I personally hope all religion becomes something for the history text books one day

7 people like this

Some people do great things in the name of their faith.  It's too easy, too obvious and too lazy to dismiss religion entirely.  I don't dismiss Islam, I just argue it needs cleaning.

4 people like this

Only shame? Pfft.

Every single one of them should be tracked down, arrested, and tried for murder.

I assure you I am not like those freak who threw the stones, and I accept that we are one of the worst bunch out there. Though I do not act locally, only on internet. The reason is simple, there is so much extremism here that if I even try, I will be dead. The last two persons I know of that tried to help the minorities, or tried to speak up were shot dead. One was the Chief Minister of the largest province in Pakistan (Punjab), shot dead by his own security personnel, the other was a minister of Religious Affairs.

Believe it or not, there are good people in Pakistan who try to live and make a difference one drop at a time, because honestly, thats all we can do right now. If I die, who will take care of my 4 yr old, or my wife, in a society where they widows are looked at as wh*r*e trying to find a catch.

Bring 'em to the UK, mate. You'd all be quite welcome and safe here. :)

Just guessing here, but I'd say they were probably either in the mob doing the killing, or hiding somewhere out of fear for their own lives.

2 people like this