Quantum Break Gameplay Teaser, delayed to 2015, debut at Gamescom

Quantum Break won't arrive on Xbox One before 2015, and don't expect any new gameplay to be shown off at E3 either.

That's according to developer Remedy Entertainment's Sam Lake, who revealed fresh details about the game in a new video, and also promised we'd see more of the title at Gamescom in August.

"We are working hard to bring you an entertainment experience like no other," he said. "Quantum break will be out in 2015. I?m very excited to tell you that we?ll be presenting Quantum Break?s time-amplified action gameplay for the first time ever in August at Gamescom."

Elsewhere in the video, Lake explained how the upcoming cinematic action game would interact with the live action show that's also planned.

"The game is about heroes, the show is about villains," he revealed. "In the game you play Jack Choice in a desperate fight to stop the fracture, that threatens to cause the end of time. In the show, in the style of a modern TV series you follow the schemes and power play inside Monarch ? the corporation that?s Jack?s main enemy."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/quantum-break-release-date-slips-to-2015

Woops already posted, I don't know why I didn't see that :p

Another delay in gaming? /sigh

Well at least this looks worth the wait.

New IP is always shown off far too early these days.

Not to mention the first 1-1.5 years of owning a next gen console is always painful. Delays galore.

New IP is always shown off far too early these days.

Not to mention the first 1-1.5 years of owning a next gen console is always painful. Delays galore.

Agreed, they are too excited to say something rather than just keeping quiet and release footage etc just before release.

Agreed, they are too excited to say something rather than just keeping quiet and release footage etc just before release.

It's why we always get CG visions at an unveil rather than a good solid 1~3 minutes of gameplay. Don't get me wrong in the internet world, there is leaks galore, and teasing gamers asap does build hype. But the ETA's given are nearly always completely unmanageable. Look at Sony trying to say Driveclub was coming for the PS4 release 1~2 months before, and it's still not out now.

Anyway, enough ranting about our industry, this game does look pretty damn awesome :p

It's why we always get CG visions at an unveil rather than a good solid 1~3 minutes of gameplay. Don't get me wrong in the internet world, there is leaks galore, and teasing gamers asap does build hype. But the ETA's given are nearly always completely unmanageable. Look at Sony trying to say Driveclub was coming for the PS4 release 1~2 months before, and it's still not out now.

Anyway, enough ranting about our industry, this game does look pretty damn awesome :p

On another hand people are guilty of believing them.

One of my friend was sure Halo 5 was coming out this year because a video was shown last year at e3. I tried to make him see the light explaining him that such a short cgi video was not complicated to do and that usually when no gameplay was shown the game was still almost 2 years away from its release date. I tried hard but he did not listen.

I'm not surprised Quantum Break is delayed to 2015. I mean they did not show anything in the last year. No gameplay video shown at e3 this year is a disappointment though. It means it wont ship before fall 2015 probably.

No surprise after the news this week of every game under the sun being delayed.

I reckon Sunset Overdrive will be a big hit and more than enough for X1, even if QB wasn't delayed. Personally still on the fence about QB, shame nothing new will be shown this year.

• Like 1

They said in the trailer they're going to show gameplay in August at GamesCom. 

Not delayed, since it was never announced for 2014.  Same with The Order 1886.

It is delayed, it was part of Microsoft's "15 exclusive games in the first year" comment from E3 2013.

The Order 1886 was "planned for late 2014", too. A little more leeway on that wording, but a delay nonetheless.

Have to say that was one of the corniest videos I have ever seen for a video game "reveal" ever. You can tell this dude desperately wants to be famous. You're a video game developer, not an actor or rock star. Cringe worthy for sure.

As far as the reveal, is the live action "show" part of the game itself or is it a totally separate entity? The live action stuff they did with Alan Wake was dangerously close to being awful, but somehow worked because of the overall vibe of the game. I just do not think the idea of mixing video games and live action is a good one personally, as the latter is always going to be cheesy compared to the former.

• Like 2

I reckon Sunset Overdrive will be a big hit and more than enough for X1, even if QB wasn't delayed. Personally still on the fence about QB, shame nothing new will be shown this year.

They are going to show more at Gamescon.  Gamescon slowly becoming as bigger (if not bigger by now) than E3.

They are going to show more at Gamescon. Gamescon slowly becoming as bigger (if not bigger by now) than E3.

Yeah I was talking about E3.

As for Gamescom, I'm pretty sure it's been bigger than E3 for years now. It's open to the public IIRC and thousands go. The press love it too compared to E3 due to the latter being so "fake" / nothing really accurate shown. Many sites don't send their staff to E3 any more because the stuff which is talked about is the same for everyone. They save their money & just "re-blog".

Have to say that was one of the corniest videos I have ever seen for a video game "reveal" ever. You can tell this dude desperately wants to be famous. You're a video game developer, not an actor or rock star. Cringe worthy for sure.

As far as the reveal, is the live action "show" part of the game itself or is it a totally separate entity? The live action stuff they did with Alan Wake was dangerously close to being awful, but somehow worked because of the overall vibe of the game. I just do not think the idea of mixing video games and live action is a good one personally, as the latter is always going to be cheesy compared to the former.

It certainly is a risky chance to take.

I didn't feel as negative about the Alan Wake episodes as you did though, so I'm definitely open to them trying something similar again. The episodes had a quirky factor that reminded me of some previous TV shows.

I didn't feel as negative about the Alan Wake episodes as you did though, so I'm definitely open to them trying something similar again. The episodes had a quirky factor that reminded me of some previous TV shows.

I liked the chapter form of Alan Wake, as it made the game more manageable. Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with the narrative, particularly when you play several games consecutively, so a recap system is definitely appreciated.

As for the live-action element, it remains to be seen whether it will be done well. I would be surprised if it is but you never know.

I liked the chapter form of Alan Wake, as it made the game more manageable. Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with the narrative, particularly when you play several games consecutively, so a recap system is definitely appreciated.

As for the live-action element, it remains to be seen whether it will be done well. I would be surprised if it is but you never know.

Sure, the game play side of it was fine, but I was just talking about the episodic live shows they did. I liked them.

Give him a break Larry, that's Sam Lake...corny and goofy is what he does. Cringe worthy? He's improved so much since that Max Payne grin!

But for ######'s sake, one more delay? So the realization that none of these games were actually designed to leverage the newer machines is just sinking in now? As much as i love gaming and developers, this is incompetence. You've already announced dates, try your best to stick to them.

Dude is already pretty famous.

It's Sam Lake, that's just how he acts -- he seems like that in all his interviews, even from back in the Max Payne days. If he isn't famous for being the model for Max Payne, he'll never be. (Also: English isn't his first language.)

• Like 2

GamesCom in August is this year still :)

• Like 2