PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: June 2014

US:

14107783479_9e2005df87_o.jpg

Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4)
Free for PS Plus members 

Trine 2: Complete Story is a beautiful, award-winning sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. Play as the three Heroes ? Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief ? and join their adventure through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic wicked goblins and their evil plan and a magical environment full of wonder.

14291124811_cc9508d45c_o.jpg

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4)
Free for PS Plus members

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is a twin-stick shooter with equal elements of action, exploration and puzzle solving. Saving scientists and uncovering the mysteries of an ill-fated research trip requires you to study and manipulate your environment. Blast and dig through rock and ice, unleashing floods of water, lava, gas, magnetic oil and even deadly stomach acid, all powered by an advanced fluid mechanics simulation.

14107924347_4eb2616d33_o.jpg

NBA 2K14 (PS3)
Free for PS Plus members

NBA 2K13 was a monstrous release for the world?s 1 NBA video game franchise, with more than 38 Sports Game of the Year and ?Best Of? mentions. NBA 2K14 will raise the bar yet again, providing the best basketball gaming experience for legions of sports fans and gamers around the world.

14294471535_f804bf878b_o.jpg

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
Free for PS Plus members

The pages of the Thievius Raccoonus are disappearing and now Sly and The Gang must get back together to save the Cooper Clan legacy from being destroyed forever! Travel through time, meeting and playing as Sly?s ancestors as you race to recover the past to save their future.

14293928614_228f0743fa_o.jpg

Terraria (PS Vita)
Free for PS Plus members

DIG, FIGHT, EXPLORE, BUILD! Nothing is impossible in the special edition version of this action-packed sandbox adventure! Over a dozen environments and hundreds of items to craft and enemies to defeat! The world is your canvas ? make it your own.

14292502382_85078b081f_o.jpg

Mutant Mudds Deluxe (PS Vita)
Free for PS Plus members

Love pixels? Fond of platformers? Is there a special place in your heart for the 8-bit and 16-bit era? Want to have fun? Yes!? Well, you?ve come to the right place, my friend. Mutant Mudds Deluxe is a ?12-bit? action platformer full of pixels and platforming fun! Our hero, Max, may be just a 2D sprite, but he can leap into the third dimension by jetting between the background and the foreground playfields with his trusty jetpack in this unique dimensionally-woven experience.

Source: Playstation Blog

-----

EU:

4th June: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (Cross Buy)
4th June: Trine 2: The Complete Story
4th June: NBA 2K14
4th June: Lone Survivor (Cross Buy)
4th June: Dragon?s Crown
4th June: Surge Deluxe

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-june-nba-2k14-dragons-crown-pixeljunk-2/

-----

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: May 2014

Terraria is awesome on the Vita, be prepared to lose your live US PS fans.

oddly enough i never really got into Terraria as much as I like Starbound :P Eagerly awaiting MC on the Vita though.

oddly enough i never really got into Terraria as much as I like Starbound :p Eagerly awaiting MC on the Vita though.

Not tried Starbound yet, I'd assume being the natural progression from Terraria it would be the better game.

oddly enough i never really got into Terraria as much as I like Starbound :p Eagerly awaiting MC on the Vita though.

speaking of MC on sony products. i wish there would have been 2 play modes for the ps4 version (meaning 1 as is with its extended worlds & 1 that is compatible w/ the ps3/vita version) so i could easily switch back and forth between my ps4 & vita

Really jealous of Terraria, been waiting for a sale for ages :/

Also, topic pinned / renamed & keeping EU + US together etc etc

Really jealous of Terraria, been waiting for a sale for ages :/

Also, topic pinned / renamed & keeping EU + US together etc etc

Dragon crown is the only game on that list i was looking forward too but im the US :(

Another weak month for the PS4. You'd think they would be supporting their flagship console better than this. Why not put NBA2K14 in for PS4 as well as PS3?

How are the Sly Cooper games? I never touched them...

They are fun platformers. I bought the HD remix of the trilogy a few years ago and platinumed. It's not too challenging, but to me it was very fun. I compare it to the Ratchet & Clank serious, minus the guns, but you get a really cool Cane that can do various things. Also, you get to play as The Murray!

Terraria is on offer for EU PSN this week and I'm really tempted to snap it up. Even more so with news like OlliOlli and other indie games receiving free cross-buy upgrades for PS4.

Just know it's going to be included in July's EU PS+ lineup though :laugh: Is it worth the gamble to pass up 66% off :P Hopefully the resident Terraria-addict can chime in cough AB

• Like 1

Trine 2 and Pixeljunk....looks very good and will help mitigate the drought. Who am i kidding i have a backlog that's enough for the next five years. But we need moar gaemz! 

• Like 1

Terraria is on offer for EU PSN this week and I'm really tempted to snap it up. Even more so with news like OlliOlli and other indie games receiving free cross-buy upgrades for PS4.

Just know it's going to be included in July's EU PS+ lineup though :laugh: Is it worth the gamble to pass up 66% off :p Hopefully the resident Terraria-addict can chime in cough AB

Yes yes yes!

Usually a sale like that indicates we might not get it. Or at least not for months and you'll certainly get use out of the Vita right away with Terraria.

• Like 2

I have never played any of those games, so this is good news for me. I'm not a fan of sports games, and I'm especially not a fan of the NBA, so that game is out. But overall, pretty good selection.

• Like 1

I have never played any of those games, so this is good news for me. I'm not a fan of sports games, and I'm especially not a fan of the NBA, so that game is out. But overall, pretty good selection.

Both Trine 2 and Pixel Junk Shooter are not just good games imho, they are great games. 

I had no idea Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate was also a Vita release. Downloaded it last night on my Vita but did not get a chance to check it out. I was very psyched to see that.

Sad that Terraria is not free yet. I thought they were going to extend the free games on the first tuesday thing to the US but it looks like they didnt.

Sad that Terraria is not free yet. I thought they were going to extend the free games on the first tuesday thing to the US but it looks like they didnt.

First Wednesday, not Tuesday. Same model EU has had for a long time.

Sony will also adjust the length of time each title will be available. Starting in July, every title in the Instant Game Collection will be available from the first Wednesday of the month and will be free for that month until the first Wednesday of the following month.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1215579-sony-rejigs-playstation-plus-to-offer-two-games-per-month-for-each-platform/

awesome. some of the games showed up yesterday so i will give it a try later today to see if they are there.

Both Trine 2 and Pixel Junk Shooter are not just good games imho, they are great games. 

I had no idea Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate was also a Vita release. Downloaded it last night on my Vita but did not get a chance to check it out. I was very psyched to see that.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to them both. Do they support online coop or local?...both?

Yeah, I'm looking forward to them both. Do they support online coop or local?...both?

Local for sure, and I am not 100% sure about online, but I believe they do not.

Local for sure, and I am not 100% sure about online, but I believe they do not.

Damn, that would have been great. My brother and I love coop, but he lives kind of far away. So it's online or nothing for us, unfortunately. I'll still give these games a good shot though.

EU store not updated for me yet but I grabbed Dragon?s Crown, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate and Surge Deluxe using links in the first post (Y)

'Glad' to hear the PS store not updating wasn't isolated to me. I just did a manual search and they showed up. There's also a UFC ps4 demo available via search. Not sure what else isn't showing in the store.

PSN downloads are hideously slow today as well. I've tested some other downloads and it is just PSN, it is using about 5mb of my 50mb connection.