Request(Longhorn 4051 Download Manager

Question

hi, can anyone out there program a download manager just like the one in buid 4051?

i'm not a programmer at all, just wondering

and make it work for IE/Netscape/Mozilla/firebird/Opera

Edited by freakyfriday

Creating a download manager requires a lot of effort and knowledge.

The programmer needs to understand web protocols: HTTP, HTTPS & FTP, working with firewalls etc.

and in additon he/she needs to know how to create plug-ins for each of the said browsers.

You are asking for a lot of work for free.

Why not just use Longhorn?

Creating a download manager requires a lot of effort and knowledge.

The programmer needs to understand web protocols: HTTP, HTTPS & FTP, working with firewalls etc.

and in additon he/she needs to know how to create plug-ins for each of the said browsers.

You are asking for a lot of work for free.

Why not just use Longhorn?

well Longhorn is alpha and the dowload manager is buggy, but i really like the interface

its more or less the same (different interface, but same features i think) as MSN 9 has... thats still in beta at the moment, but it should be out soon... if you don't like alpha software you can always try that out...

its more or less the same (different interface, but same features i think) as MSN 9 has... thats still in beta at the moment, but it should be out soon... if you don't like alpha software you can always try that out...

do you need an MSN9 service? cause i don't use MSN, i use a different ISP

hey wats in the drop down menu for more options :s and is it wen u click on more options then that settings dialog comes up

yes, we you click on it, the settings box comes up

i know when XP was in beta people where ripping things they like and got them to run on windows 2000, example; WMP8.

Would this not be possible>?

could u post some high res of the buttons or better yet try to get the images of the buttons? :p...

i just spent about 45 mins tring to find those in dlls exes. etc no luck :/

i did find a bluetooth logo though, wich seems interesting since xp dont support bluetooth..

Well any other vb.net pros wanna help me out in making this download manager, i think the main thing is setting the default application to use when a hyperlink that downloads a file is clicked.

Well any other vb.net pros wanna help me out in making this download manager, i think the main thing is setting the default application to use when a hyperlink that downloads a file is clicked.

cool, so you are going to try and make this? sweet, i'll test it out for ya :)

could you add like a sechulcle and dail-up / hangup

lets say i setup my modem and dial out at 11 p.m and disconnect at 6:00 a.m

or at 12 a.m and disconnect at 7:00 a.m

stuff like that..

and add queue,

here is some pictures that i took. one when you are downloading and right clicking, one when its queued/paused- they have the same menu and one when you click on properies and click on options

post-47-1071017781.jpg

Edited by freakyfriday

Well, first, extract those start/stop icons with a reshacker. I might try it, I could do a thing that performs concurrent WebClient downloads, though I don't know about hooking into IE. :)