What's considered "offensive" language?

No, we have several reasons for implementing the swear filter. We aren't a TV channel. The rule is no swearing. That's no swearing. Whether English, French, or any other language (we are an English site anyway, so non-English content will probably be removed anyway).

This relates to my above point about swear filter evasion. If you "selectively" filter a word which would have otherwise been caught by the swear filter, we'll remove it.

The end point is that swearing, in any form, isn't allowed. It's a rule, just like any other that we have, and that we require members to stick to. It's not hard to post without swearing, and the result is a cleaner, friendlier community, which you can visit from school/college/work without having to worry if your boss is looking over your shoulder looking at the bunch of expletives on the screen. 

So its no swearing, nothing offensive. Why does the filter include words that aren't 'swears' then? That was why I brought up TV ... you know (or actually, you probably don't) the seven words you can't say on TV.

I think Brian and Marshall summed it up nicely. If you want to use swear words, please do so somewhere else. We follow the community rules and will enforce the no swearing rules. It is pretty simple. We expect our members to act within the framework of our policies. It isn't too hard to understand.

So its no swearing, nothing offensive. Why does the filter include words that aren't 'swears' then? That was why I brought up TV ... you know (or actually, you probably don't) the seven words you can't say on TV.

The questions asked here have become ridiculous. This thread has really run it's course. If you have specific questions, please PM a moderator before posting questionable words. But, if you think that you might get called out for posting something, you probably shouldn't.

Thread closed

• Like 2