John Callaham departs, Andy Weir & Brad Sams now full time

You can read Johns farewell post here https://www.neowin.net/news/the-end-of-an-era-and-the-beginning-of-another

Some other changes include the unannounced hiring of Brad Sams from 1 May, full time, by his own admission he wanted to keep it low key but since then John quit to go work elsewhere, so it has become more important to emphasize that we have taken steps in the meantime to counter any possible fallout from John's leaving us.

As a result of John's departure, I looked to our current team and am pleased to announce that Andy Weir has stepped up and was able to start today as a full timer. Andy is a no-brainer choice to add to our full time ranks due to the effort he puts into his articles, many of which are original and not reworded from other outlets, the same can be said for Brad Sams :)

The other factor taken into consideration is that both Brad and Andy are in different timezones. Andy is based in the UK, while Brad Sams is in the US. This makes our coverage more complete, especially as they are both Senior Editors.

Finally, we have been continuing to bolster our volunteer staff, and in recent months concentrated mainly on trying to find more UK cover, as a result we've hired James Walker, Dan Hull and Byron Hinson, the latter of which has written for us in the past, but has also returned to start contributing again.

This business is constantly changing, and we're happy that we have so many dedicated staff from all walks of life and locations. Long may it continue!

I'm 100% behind both these guys--know they can do a fantastic job as they've already proven time and time again :) glad to hear the news!

I'm 100% behind both these guys--know they can do a fantastic job as they've already proven time and time again :) glad to hear the news!

But you're not behind the other new hires....? :p

Congrats to everyone. :)

Well, that was unexpected. But as long as Neowin's newsreel keeps rolling, grats and new hats all around!

Because conga line.

rRdVJO1.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats to everyone. :)

I didn't see any mention of other full-timers... did I miss something? :S

To say John will not be missed would be a lie, he has been one of the better known faces of Neowin News.

Congratulations to Andy and Brad! I am sure they will do an excellent job with their new positions.

• Like 2