• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 17 June 2014 - 20:31

From what year are you ? It's the opposite now.

For business class, not so much. But from the home customer class, they suck.

#17 _dandy_

_dandy_

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 June 2014 - 20:32

I'd actually recommend an iPad.

Did you miss the "...for working" part?

#18 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 17 June 2014 - 20:59

Um what?  Dell has always been known for making junk laptops. They're cheap for a reason.

http://blog.laptopma...k-brands-2013/3

http://blog.laptopma...p-brands-2014/3

They improved a little bit this year, but Lenovo certainly remains much better.

I've had nothing but nightmares with their junk.  My work laptop is a decked out i7 Latitude E6530 and the specs of it sound great, but it loves to crash.  It screws up when I connect it to the dual monitors wired to the docking station.  When I fire up CAD or SolidWorks and it switches over to the discrete graphics card, it likes to crash.  And of course it's lovely cheap crap plastic.  I guarantee the battery will be useless within a year.  Dell sacrifices quality for cost and it's been that way forever.

#19 T3X4S

T3X4S

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:32

What year are you from, no its not the opposite - and anyone who actually knows about this kind of stuff will tell you Lenovo , ASUS, Apple are the most reliable manufacturers across the spectrum.

Dell has a couple good models, but most of the stuff is the crap models.

Both brands have good & bad - the Lenovo Essentials suck - and they have to @ that price range.  The IdeaPad has some nice things, and the ThinkPad T-series are nothing short of legendary.
Dell - Inspiron= bad, Latitude = good.

Dont base your comments on owning 1 or 2 then saying "hey I have one and its great !"  Base it on working/using/ admin a couple hundred - you see patterns emerge.

Futhermore, you look @ % of warranty repairs - you will see a great difference between Lenovo & Dell - and its based on percentage of models in the market, not "well Lenovo has more computers, so naturally they have more repairs"

Maybe there will be changes now that Michael Dell has a new interest in the desktop/end user market - but that remains to be seen.