WWDC 2014 Keynote discussion.

I hope they do an open summer beta for iOS8 too. Can't wait for this :yes:

I wouldn't be surprised as a lot of the new features for 10.10 will require iOS8 (message and calling etc)

Loving the new UI for OS X (so polished and mmmm .... Dark Mode) and the Continuity/SMS features, can't wait to have iOS 8 on my devices (Y)

Craig Federighi is a funny host and enjoyable to watch, OS X Weed :laugh:

The new OS X interface looks amazing and incredibly polished. (Y) Definitely sweeping the floor with the messy Metro-Windows 7-Windows Vista crossbreed that is Windows 8. Apple is definitely on the right track: Mobile and desktop integration done right.

• Like 2

What else would there be?

I was expecting it to be a device conference, sorry.

With that said, looks like Apple is learning from Android some what, just playing it safer.

All the iOS 8 developer kits look pretty remarkable and easy to work with, Apple truly going all out for the devs at this years' WWDC (Y)

OK so I normally wouldn't post about WWDC but god damn that is some AWESOME stuff for devs :yes:

Swift was the big shock for me. I can't wait to give it a try! iOS 8 is looking to be pretty awesome. Might be time for me to switch back to iPhone when the 6 comes out, the only reason I am on Android is because of screen size :D

The new OS X interface looks amazing and incredibly polished. (Y) Definitely sweeping the floor with the messy Metro-Windows 7-Windows Vista crossbreed that is Windows 8. Apple is definitely on the right track: Mobile and desktop integration done right.

Apple gave MS and Google a lot to catch up with today. Continuity alone is huge. 

Apple gave MS and Google a lot to catch up with today. Continuity alone is huge. 

Wifi Sense on WP8.1 = More like what they demoed Instant Hotspot..

Yeah. Microsoft really needs to get the integration between Windows and Windows Phone sorted by Windows 9. It is shocking that after all of the "Windows Phone IS Windows!" hype that Apple can still beat them to market.

I don't know, you can do a lot of things on Android similar to what Continuity sounds like. You can use apps like AirDroid, which lets you text message, share files between Android and PC, etc. It's nice that it's built in to iOS, but Android has had apps like this for quite some time. I remember Motorola even used to bundle this in their "skin". A coworker was super excited when the Aitrix came out and he could do things like this.

I am also one of those users who was forced to move from Android to iOS (for phone at least), and while I see some positives for iOS, it is overall a huge step down from Android's potential. The good things about iOS is that it's overly simple for any user (good for non-techy users, bad for techy users), and the app store has the best dev. support.

I don't know, you can do a lot of things on Android similar to what Continuity sounds like. You can use apps like AirDroid, which lets you text message, share files between Android and PC, etc. It's nice that it's built in to iOS, but Android has had apps like this for quite some time. I remember Motorola even used to bundle this in their "skin". A coworker was super excited when the Aitrix came out and he could do things like this.

I am also one of those users who was forced to move from Android to iOS (for phone at least), and while I see some positives for iOS, it is overall a huge step down from Android's potential. The good things about iOS is that it's overly simple for any user (good for non-techy users, bad for techy users), and the app store has the best dev. support.

None of that is easy enough (or obvious enough) for most "regular" users to do it though

None of that is easy enough (or obvious enough) for most "regular" users to do it though

I don't know - it is dead simple on using Airdroid. Have you tried it? You download it from Google play, open it on your phone, and it walks you through it...

I also said that is one of the positives about iOS. Even though Airdroid is dead simple to use, Apple makes it almost idiot proof.