The real Apple OSX user adoption chart

I don't think anyone at Apple realises how stupid they look every time they pull out their User Adoption chart.

• Like 1

Yes this chart was dumb.  It ignores the fact that Mavericks was a free upgrade to anyone that pretty much owns an Intel Mac while Windows 8 is a paid upgrade.  

Also that 14% of Windows 8 is still bigger than the entire OS X user base.  

• Like 4

I don't think anyone at Apple realises how stupid they look every time they pull out their User Adoption chart.

I don't think anyone on Neowin realizes how jealous you are every time you criticize Apple and their products.

Yes this chart was dumb.  It ignores the fact that Mavericks was a free upgrade to anyone that pretty much owns an Intel Mac while Windows 8 is a paid upgrade.  

Also that 14% of Windows 8 is still bigger than the entire OS X user base.  

You know the difference between OS X and Windows alongside iOS and Android? iDevices are consistently used unlike the thousands of Windows and Androids left to dust.

I don't think anyone on Neowin realizes how jealous you are every time you criticize Apple and their products.

There has to be something to be jealous of first.  I think he is just pointing out how ridiculous the adoption chart is when you aren't comparing Apples to Apples.  Example:  Jaguar might have a higher adoption rate of people returning for their new models of car, but Toyota crushes their overall numbers.  Adoption rates don't mean a whole heck of a lot when dealing with the MUCH MUCH smaller numbers.

• Like 3

Does this include corporate users?  If so, not too shocking. 

Not really, it's Windows 8 we're talking about. Most corporations are on Windows 7.

That's a new one considering I usually get called an Apple fanboy.

• Like 1

You know the difference between OS X and Windows alongside iOS and Android? iDevices are consistently used unlike the thousands of Windows and Androids left to dust.

You're right. Those 1+ billion Windows installations are just zombie machines that are not used.

Because I've remained honest and faithful with my iDevices

Congrats. Us mere mortals usually do not possess skills to be faithful.

Congrats. Us mere mortals usually do not possess skills to be faithful.

Congrats to all the Windows users who criticized Windows 8's design like crazy when/before it released and all of a sudden praised it.