8 posts in this topic

Posted

Xbox One goes World Cup-crazy with free Brazil Now app
Reality TV series, FIFA Ultimate Team part of Xbox's "Destination Brazil" push.
by Sam Machkovech - June 2 2014, 5:08pm EDT

MatchDetails_EN-640x360.png

Xbox One's promise of integrated, specialized media apps has yet to see a wealth of content, but the company's Destination Brazil initiative, launching on June 12 alongside the World Cup, sees Microsoft edging closer to the new console's multimedia aspirations. The whole thing, announced this morning, will revolve around Brazil Now, an app that collects your cable TV data and then tailors itself to your favorite team to deliver system notifications and deliver a statistics overload via the "snap" side-of-screen information panel.

It's similar to the Xbox One's NFL app, which debuted last fall and allowed users to pull up the snapped version of the app while playing games or watching media apps, but Brazil Now's root system integration, particularly its ability to pop up notifications, is an improvement

1 person likes this

Posted

Not a fan of football but stuff like this will be a big hit in EU, especially if they continue on the football trend and get something out in time for the premier/champ leagues.

Would love to see something for F1 in future.

2 people like this

Posted

The site Microsoft did with ESPN is pretty nice too: http://essentials.espnfc.com/

They're really backing the World Cup this time around.

Posted

Sports apps during tournaments like this is where being able to snap apps can really shine. I was playing titanfall with the NFL draft ticker snapped and it was pretty slick. If I was into the world cup I'd do the same here.

2 people like this

Posted

I may not be a huge soccer fan, but I can definitely see this will be a big deal to many users. I know things like the ESPN app meant a lot to me.

Posted

Looks neat, but as the others say not a fan of football. As Andrew says an F1 tracker like that shown on formula1.com during the race would be nice to have as a sort of PiP.

Posted

I've been using the Brazil Now app for watching games and I really like it!  I actually missed it a couple times when I was not watching the game at home and I wanted to see information on a player or simply how many shots on goal have been taken.  The one thing I would wish for is that it was a little more timely to update. Sometimes it's quick but other times it won't show a goal or replacement for up to a minute.

I also enjoy the questions that come up as you watch.  I have about half of the 96 cards so far.  I noticed you can get doubles so I imagine it'll be more difficult to complete as you approach the 96.

Anyone else using Brazil Now?

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been using the Brazil Now app for watching games and I really like it!  I actually missed it a couple times when I was not watching the game at home and I wanted to see information on a player or simply how many shots on goal have been taken.  The one thing I would wish for is that it was a little more timely to update. Sometimes it's quick but other times it won't show a goal or replacement for up to a minute.

I also enjoy the questions that come up as you watch.  I have about half of the 96 cards so far.  I noticed you can get doubles so I imagine it'll be more difficult to complete as you approach the 96.

Anyone else using Brazil Now?

Downloaded it but haven't used it yet...missed the Ghana match, score made me happy, go Brooks. Next up Portugal. I expect a thrashing :wacko: