Nintendo has released a major system update for Wii U, bringing the firmware version up to 5.0.0.
One of the major features introduced in today’s update is the quick start menu. Players can now more easily begin playing games without having to encounter the menu screen. Other changes/additions include new GamePad Alerts that can be displayed on the GamePad when the Wii U is turned off, the ability to install system updates after they’re finished downloading while the console is in Standby, and more.
Version 5.1.0 U
Release July 21st, 2014
- Wii U to Wii U System Transfer
- Users can now transfer (move) all software and data from one Wii U to another
- A “System Transfer” option has been added within System Settings
- Click here for additional information on this feature
Changes to Nintendo eShop:
- Users can now navigate the Nintendo eShop using a Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller
Improvements to system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience