Photo

iOS 8 Thread

ios 8 ios poll

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Poll: iOS 8 Thread

What do you think of iOS 8?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#136 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

.NET Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 September 2014 - 19:36

I've found that the text selection controls is still an awful experience.  Try selecting a portion of a URL in Safari.

Come on Apple, you can do much better than this.

It can't be worse than Windows Phone's implementation.

#137 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:54

Has anyone noticed a bug with scrolling? Where as sometimes it just does not work at all.. I noticed it more in Plex when i am trying to scroll through my library it does nothing... or if i get a notification and i try to slide it up it doesn't register and again does nothing... it's very random, sometimes it will work as normal, other times not at all.

#138 Knive Party

Knive Party

To Death

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:38

does anyone get lag scrolling through the wallpaper section in options? Click on the stills, and they lag if you rapidly scroll down . I'm on an iPad mini retina.

#139 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 6/Nexus 5

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:04

does anyone get lag scrolling through the wallpaper section in options? Click on the stills, and they lag if you rapidly scroll down . I'm on an iPad mini retina.

Don't have a iPad M.R., but I tried on my iPad Air & iPhone 5S, and indeed it is not the smoothest scrolling/choppy. This is interesting because it is a static set of images (meaning you can't add photos there)

#140 pratnala

pratnala

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5 with Lollipop

Posted 28 September 2014 - 18:22

Is iOS8 in open beta like Yosemite will be?  Or is this iOS devs only?

The proximity detection between iOS and Yosemite is ground breaking for me.  I've missed so many calls when my phone is in another room charging because my phone is always on silent due to always forgetting to change it after work, having them automatically routed to my Mac will be incredible.

Use Pushbullet (pushbullet.com)

#141 blank

blank

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb Space Gray

Posted 29 September 2014 - 20:48

I hope it runs alot better on the iphone 6 plus i ordered.

On my iphone 5, its always lagging and freezing up now. and the damn home button keeps loading the multitasking page. even if i slightly tap it.

Alot of these the lock screen is frozen and i have to put the phone to sleep, and push the home button several times before it'll let me enter my passcode.

I'd go back to ios7 if it was super easy to do.

#142 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:29

Beta to 8.1 is seeding to developers so we should see many of the bugs fixed soon enough. Well hopefully anyway.

#143 Knive Party

Knive Party

To Death

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:41

Beta to 8.1 is seeding to developers so we should see many of the bugs fixed soon enough. Well hopefully anyway.

let's hope so. 

#144 vetMathachew

Mathachew

Wise beyond my youth... that's what she said!

Posted 04 October 2014 - 22:58

I'm having an annoying issue with double tap. My first tap will sometimes behave as if I did a double tap, so my actual second tap closes the double tap mode. I've lost count of how many times this happens.

#145 Nutsnbolts64

Nutsnbolts64

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 07 October 2014 - 18:40

I've read rumors that it the next beta (Oct 20) will bring back Camera Roll, for one thing. Not a bug, but nice

#146 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:09

Finally a feature that I think has been missing for too long. You can finally view the photos that you have in iCloud online!

It's in a beta stage at the moment so there's still bugs being ironed out but I can finally do what I want with my photos in iCloud

#147 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:57

Upgraded my iPhone 5c to 8.1 

Runs very well with few milliseconds lag here and there compared to 7.1.2

I found delayed touch responses on 8.1 but guess that is because ios 8.1 is such an un-optimized steaming pile of abscess.

But my iPad Air and iPhone 5s are staying on 7.1.2 till eternity (or till 8.3 drops).