Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:07

I found this out today with my wife as a witness

Chris

#2 OP chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,340 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 19:36

I would like to "request" if those of you who'd be willing to get involved to spread this video around so we can inform other veterans who have disability claims so if they come to realize that their disability pension just up and stops, this is why.

the Veterans Affairs is embroiled already in a scandal, the last one, about the terrible backlog of disability claims, now, vets dying due to inadequate care. this breaks my heart as a fellow vet and am putting myself out therefor my fellow veterans, male or female, doesn't matter, you are all my brothers and sisters.

GOD BLess!

~Chris

#3 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,907 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 19:48

GOD BLess!

he can talk, and use a computer and be passionate about this kinda stuff, but yet he is unemployable? From the surface, looks like he is abusing the system.

side note: if god blessed you, then this probably would not have this happened right? ;)

#4 OP chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,340 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 19:50

if god blessed you, then this probably would not have this happened right? ;)

well, I mean this in a good way. because I care that this is even happening. but I understand your point. i appreciate your reply

#5 corrosive23

corrosive23

Neowinian

• 1,206 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note III

Posted 05 June 2014 - 19:57

As someone who works for the VA on the healthcare side, I feel the need to explain how the VA is structured. The VA section that has backlogged claims is not the same section that handles healthcare. Healthcare is VHA or Veterans Healthcare Administration. Claims, compensation, and pensions are handled by VBA or Veterans Benefit Administration. Veterans Cemetery Administration is the third section of the whole Cabinet level department of Veterans Affairs. There is no crossover between the three. You apply for a claim with VBA, then you are sent to VHA to be examined for that claim. The majority of issues are with VHA, which I can tell you is a cluster######. Claims should never take as long as they have. Im a veteran, and employee and im still sitting on 19 months so far for my increase in compensation. The majority of issues are having non-vets running these hospitals, and non medical personel in charge of healthcare decisions. I know people who need knee surgery who are told since it will not impact their quality of life right now, it wont be done. Yeah its ######, but I will tell you this, alert your local media, and your regional office, and call the Inspector Generals hotline.

he can talk, and use a computer and be passionate about this kinda stuff, but yet he is unemployable? From the surface, looks like he is abusing the system.

side note: if god blessed you, then this probably would not have this happened right? ;)

PTSD is something that can make you unemployable.

#6 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,907 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 20:06

i was only observing, i know nothing about it or claim to know anything about it, just seems like normal everyday guy from appearance alone.

#7 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• 2,910 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 20:10

i was only observing, i know nothing about it or claim to know anything about it, just seems like normal everyday guy from appearance alone.

Until you get him in a room full of coworkers and he gets flash backs of a having intel of a possible suicide bomber in a market that he's about to patrol through.

I was listening to the news and sounds like a bill might be passed next week allowing vets to go to a private doctor if they can't get seen through VA.

#8 Tews

Tews

Professional Lurker

• 2,004 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 20:15

As a foreigner, you have no experience with our VA, you have no idea what qualifises a veteran for disability benefits, you have no idea what you are talking about!!

#9 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,907 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 20:22

As a foreigner, you have no experience with our VA, you have no idea what qualifises a veteran for disability benefits, you have no idea what you are talking about!!

You are correct, I say IN THE THREAD that i do not know anything about it.. hence the comments:

1) "From the surface",

2) "i was only observing, i know nothing about it or claim to know anything about it, just seems like normal everyday guy from appearance alone." 

#10 OP chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,340 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 00:13

here is my interview with my local NBC4 affiliate

http://www.clipsyndi...t/25530/5166751

alot as cutout for time constraints but the digitzation of vets records is kicking veterans disability compensation they are getting now out.

so it isn't some small issue when it is nation wide. Yet the VA is being disnhonest in not telling vets why and are forced to re-file new disability claims because of the VA screw-up. coincidentally a recent audit shows that the reno VA regional office is the worst in the nation

#11 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,114 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 13 June 2014 - 00:45

I found this out today with my wife as a witness

Chris

Your wife witnessed you watching an internet video...

#12 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 4,043 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 00:54

Does the US military take these post-conflict costs into account when they plan their latest invasion?

#13 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,369 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:17

As someone who works for the VA on the healthcare side, I feel the need to explain how the VA is structured. The VA section that has backlogged claims is not the same section that handles healthcare. Healthcare is VHA or Veterans Healthcare Administration. Claims, compensation, and pensions are handled by VBA or Veterans Benefit Administration. Veterans Cemetery Administration is the third section of the whole Cabinet level department of Veterans Affairs. There is no crossover between the three. You apply for a claim with VBA, then you are sent to VHA to be examined for that claim. The majority of issues are with VHA, which I can tell you is a cluster######. Claims should never take as long as they have. Im a veteran, and employee and im still sitting on 19 months so far for my increase in compensation. The majority of issues are having non-vets running these hospitals, and non medical personel in charge of healthcare decisions. I know people who need knee surgery who are told since it will not impact their quality of life right now, it wont be done. Yeah its ######, but I will tell you this, alert your local media, and your regional office, and call the Inspector Generals hotline.

I haven't put a claim in, yet, the backlog for helping vets with bigger issues than mine is one reason, but yeah, the health side of things is getting ridiculous, used to be able to get a same  day appointment at my local branch clinic and be seen, now other than my biyearly checkups they are all done in the main Hospital a 45 min drive away. They even made me go in to the main hospital to get a replacement CPAP mask I was due for replacement, they used to mail them out, and since I'm not disabled it's my time, and my gas to go there for a less than 5 min visit instead of sending it to me like they used to, and the CT VA system is half decent, I can only imagine how bad is in other states, if PA is a guide, they were 100% worse than a clinic in the ghetto 

#14 blerk

blerk

Banned User

• 735 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:34

Does the US military take these post-conflict costs into account when they plan their latest invasion?

ROFLMAO

Well actually I bet military the does plan/account for things like this, as does the VA. But the politicians - I doubt it...

#15 Jabneh

Jabneh

Neowinian

• 998 posts
  • Phone: LG Optimus 2X

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:58

Yet you still decided to comment, making no contribution to the thread whatsoever. Speaks volumes about the type of character you are...

See what I did there? ;)